Club Arnage
May 10, 2024, 11:01:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOUX ROUNDABOUT FRIDAY  (Read 27312 times)
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 10:41:17 pm »

Were you aware my better half span the Trans Am 720 degrees at the October track day?  No damage to the car, other cars or herself - just a slight loss of bottle  Wink

Yes, I spoke to her briefly before she went, but have kept quiet about it in a spirit of sisterhood!  Smiley
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 11:32:32 pm »

Also some knobs apparently were trying (I don't know if they succeeded) to push the sculpture in the middle of the roundabout over. This kind of mindless vandalism has no place in Le Mans. In fact it has no place in society. Its this kind of yobbish behaviour that gives British people abroad a bad name. I say British, but I was verbally abused by two English pillocks walking through the funfair on Saturday night because I was wearing a Saltire. Now I am used to the banter associated with being a Scottish football supporter, but was I at a football match. NO. I was attending a bloody motor race and was wearing the Saltire over my CA T-shirt to show my support for McNish and the Scuderia Ecosse boys. These two dicks were lucky me and Chaos' other halfs were there otherwise they may have become aquainted with a Glasgow kiss.
Everywhere we went on Friday night in town with the Saltire we got no grief from the Danes, Dutch, French, Germans etc, only the English. No wonder we want our independence.  The hooligan element should stay at home and I am all in favour of the French riot police coming in an lifting anyone seen vandalising, throwing bottles, chucking buckets of water etc. A weekend in a french jail and a magistrates appearance would hopefully disuade a few from returning.

nickliv
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2006, 08:51:45 am »

I think it's the stag weekends / boys drinking weekends away that are the problem. I had mine in Prague a few years ago, and lots of my mates turned into ar5ehole5, - trying to drink 36 pints in a day 'cos they heard it had been done by someone else etc.  so I ditched them and went round some art galleries.

Not your standard stag behaviour I know, but I enjoyed myself more than I would have if I was comatose.

Maybe if the crs had a presence and cracked down on the hooligans, but were good natured with the other displays, the problems would stop. Probably a bit much to hope though.

Mind you the dutch guys with the water cannon were good to watch.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2006, 09:56:17 am »

I think it's the stag weekends / boys drinking weekends away that are the problem. I had mine in Prague a few years ago, and lots of my mates turned into ar5ehole5, - trying to drink 36 pints in a day 'cos they heard it had been done by someone else etc.  so I ditched them and went round some art galleries.

Not your standard stag behaviour I know, but I enjoyed myself more than I would have if I was comatose.

Maybe if the crs had a presence and cracked down on the hooligans, but were good natured with the other displays, the problems would stop. Probably a bit much to hope though.

Mind you the dutch guys with the water cannon were good to watch.

Nick, i guess we could look to the law, but in the first instance it needs to come from us, the fan base, to set the right example, if you look at some of the other motoring websites they actually encourage this behaviour.

if we leave it to the law, it'll be no for all of us, not just a few.  can you imagine being Shepperd about by the gendarmes, just to make sure we don't get into mischief.  not for me thank you, it'll be like a football match.

at the moment the gendarmes are very tolerant and put up with a lot, it will only need an accident or worse still a death and the house we'll be on us.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2006, 12:30:40 pm »

The perfect vehicle for keen rougher fans.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2006, 02:40:44 pm »

for fuks sake, we put on a show, which cost my mate a set of tyres, half a tank of fuel and a clutch.  the idiots ruined it for everyone else.

this was us:

We followed you onto the roundabout and i watched, thinking great lad, but shame idiots ruin it. Kate and MArtin no longer take the TVR out after some tit had thrown red wine in the car.

I had to mention to somem of my group about soakera at night, as it was bloody cold and none of us would have liked it.

We WILL NOT spray water in peoples eyes doing tricks , on bikes, cycles, moto's open or classic cars, but if folk have got guns or in one case a mini bus full of them, we will fire at will .But i think we know where to draw the line.

Some idiots dont. Simple answer, leave the cars off Houx, mention this is why, and the idiots will soon Chuck off ?

Take life by the horns and live it.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2006, 02:58:50 pm »

Mentioned this last year and thankfully I didn't see any of it this year, but my mate almost has his eye put out by some stupid twot with a paintball gun firing at screens and having a riccochet into Stu's face.

The CRS should be close enough to deal with nasty types. I agree we should try to stop some of it but I dont want to end up listening to RLM from a hospital bed. Yobs are yobs whereever they are and sadly modern Britain seems to be outstanding at producing 'em.

Oh God I'm really getting old now...

Sad

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2006, 09:58:17 pm »

I do recall a particuarly good shot at a rather buxom young lady wearing a low cut top at Houx. She was quite amused as were the lads close by, good clean fun, shame others take it too far.
turkish.sps
CA Veteran

Champers Baby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2006, 12:52:10 am »

I do recall a particuarly good shot at a rather buxom young lady wearing a low cut top at Houx. She was quite amused as were the lads close by, good clean fun, shame others take it too far.

....aye 'twas a great shot as she bent down. Right down the top. Wonder who that was  Grin

"You stole my onions!!"

www.selfpreservationsociety.net
JHarber
CA Veteran

LM07 we will be there!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2006, 02:04:55 am »

Yeah its getting stupid now. People who take their cars round and put on a show dont deserve to have water thrown at them. Its the idiots in the cars that constantly go round and round and round that just ruin it. Some of the cars going round were worth upwards of 20000-30000 and i dont think they appreciated been squirted with beer, wine or anything else the yobs decided to fill their pistols with. Anyone who jumps out the back of their car/van with super soakers, yeah fair game its all in good fun, but these people take it to far. I dont know who the idiots were who pulled the road signs down and toppled the sculpture but its not on. There were several pretty pathetic people driving round that roundabout, the guy in the clio rent a car, he came onto the curb and knocked a kid over, the guy in the MX5 couldnt drive any better than the guy in the Red Subaru, and the guy in the Subaru only looked about 18.
I decided that it would be a good idea to climb up the security lodge to keep out of the way and to get a good view. I really think its getting to the point were someone is going to be seriously hurt.
Its all good fun when there is a few water fights and a few cars showing off, like the two BMW's, good show, but when people vandalise and trash other peoples cars its just stupid and isnt needed.
If only we could rid of these young trouble causing yobs, it would be so much more fun.
I havnt managed to go and see outside MB or Bleu yet but it sounds all the same, its a shame but maybe one day itl change.

Did you know that 0.5% of the worlds population will visit a McDonalds every day!
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2006, 01:04:20 pm »

Tell me you have photographic evidence of the buxom wench Huh? Grin Grin Grin

been there done that doing it again !
turkish.sps
CA Veteran

Champers Baby!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2006, 03:07:48 pm »

Tell me you have photographic evidence of the buxom wench ?   

...alas no unless the "Rhinos" got a shot?

"You stole my onions!!"

www.selfpreservationsociety.net
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2006, 04:25:29 pm »

a few of us were going round the roundabout on friday.

we stopped due to:

1) too many people
2) people throwing fireworks underneath the car
3) water bombs thrown at us - they fekking hurt when they dont explode and some british tw**t slammed it directly on my head.  when i got out the car to ask why, he ran away. 
4) the last reason was beer directly poured into the car.   My mate jumped out of the following car to ask physically him why; luckily for said tw**t, my mate  and we had to stop the tw**t being knocked to the ground.

for fuks sake, we put on a show, which cost my mate a set of tyres, half a tank of fuel and a clutch.  the idiots ruined it for everyone else.

Some of the 7's next to us who normally go down, stayed away this year for the same reasons. Don't mind having a laugh, but don't want stuff thrown at them or in the car. One of them came through Arnage and some idiot ran out of a bar with a barrel of water (ish) and tipped it into the car.......

SpriteII
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2006, 04:59:02 pm »

Yup, we arrived in the Sprite early Friday evening and I got a ballon full of (I hope) water whacked into my neck as did my other half.   The gits might have well just slapped us and had done with it.  Not to mention super soakers in the face.

Little boys who can't take their drink have notoriously short attention spans though so hopefully they'll move on to hockey or yacht racing in a year or two.
CAPTAIN CHAOS

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2006, 05:39:57 pm »

I TOTALLY AGREE,

it's full of bloody chavs, all pissed up and being twats, we ended up having to get out of arnage by the main entrance to the circuit, we had beer thrown at the sreeen water shot at us the usual i suppose, hopefully this however is just natural evolution, in other words when someone does lose it on the roundabout they may well maim the twats watchin, i think personally it ruins what is otherwise a great event !

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: