Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 09:24:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Training it from Paris DeGaulle to Le Man  (Read 3504 times)
suthvid

View Profile WWW
« on: April 01, 2013, 01:31:32 am »

I've done a bit of a search here, but does anyone have any info on getting to Le Mans from the airport in Paris? I believe there is a station at the airport, is it direct or is there a connection? Also. what kind of restrictions does the train have on luggage size and quantity?

Thanks,

John
suthvid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:34:15 am »

OK, looks like there's info right there in the Guide.. duh!!

John
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 11:01:17 am »

If you need someone to pick you up from a train station in Le Mans, just say it. Smiley

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 10:23:20 pm »

OK, looks like there's info right there in the Guide.. duh!!

John

Speak to AJW - the world authority. He guided me on the right path twice!

I tested negative for patience.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 01:29:55 am »

I've done a bit of a search here, but does anyone have any info on getting to Le Mans from the airport in Paris? I believe there is a station at the airport, is it direct or is there a connection? Also. what kind of restrictions does the train have on luggage size and quantity?

Thanks,

John
Hi John,
            Direct TGV service to Le Mans. I recommend you reserve the train. You may have a couple of hours wait from the usual early morning arrival from across the pond. takes 1 1/2 hours.
Phil

Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 09:25:31 pm »

Hi John,

There are 4 trains from CDG to Le Mans.

There does not appear to be a limit to the amount of baggage you can take on board the TGV, but bear in mind that these trains start at Lille & terminate past Le Mans so baggage space will be at a premium.

I have updated the Wiki http://www.clubarnage.com/wiki/doku.php?do=show&id=ca_guide%3Agetting-there

Ade

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 12:34:13 pm »

Thanks,

John

I did it in 2010 and it's easy as pie.  The TGV station in Le Mans is about 75 feet away from the tram station which will take you right to the track.  Not where you want to BE at the track, but at the track none the less.  Have someone pick you up there and they won't have to drive into town.  Tram ride to Antares(?) was about 15m, IIRC.  I did it with a 70L backpack if that gives you an idea of luggage size.  No issues.

Be careful with the return trip.  I missed the TGV to CDG and had to take the one to Montparnasse, then a bus to CDG.  Pain in the arse and cost me $100.  Add to that rain and a brain crushing hangover and it made for one of the worst days of my life.  Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: