Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 06:01:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1038082 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: December 04, 2009, 01:49:37 pm »

Good old Swede mason....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GGc7KcvqtE

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: December 24, 2009, 10:12:46 am »

thi is all you'll ever need Andy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POSSIBLY-THE-ONLY-ONE-LIKE-THIS-IN-THE-WORLD_W0QQitemZ230404955785QQcategoryZ122195QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3907.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D36%26po%3DLCA%26ps%3D4
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: December 24, 2009, 11:26:16 am »

Wow PM, that's totally fantastic! I used to go to school in the exact Duple coach, the interior's the same and everything. I can still hear Geoff the driver telling us to "sit down you little c**ts". The  only difference was ours was based on a Bedford chassis and it had a rather classy pre-selector gearbox.

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: December 24, 2009, 11:28:02 am »

Oh and merry christmas one and all from The Commer  angel

* skiingsauze09 068a.jpg (70.66 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 470 times.)

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2014 on: December 24, 2009, 10:27:22 pm »

Andy - great pic, does the tractor come with white wall tyres as standard?

As for the commer, think you may have to adapt it for next year so we can watch the football at Le Mans.

* werterggfhfghg.jpg (98.12 KB, 640x449 - viewed 468 times.)

If you're going through hell, keep going.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2015 on: December 30, 2009, 10:01:51 pm »

A new additional one for Andy, would keep Rex on his toes.  Grin

Looks good as well.

* karrier 4 Andy.jpg (242.96 KB, 1246x830 - viewed 398 times.)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 10:11:14 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: March 01, 2010, 11:49:03 pm »

1st of March.  3 months and a bit to go.  Must be time to resurrect the now annual debate, particularly with all this talk of Cityrama buses on the "One for Mr Z - Which film" thread and the banter on the "Le Mans Popemobile" thread.  So where is the goddess of Commers and how is she?  And what excuses will the ne'er do well Mr Z have before he finally caves in after much swearing, threats, grazed knuckles and whisky chasers, before passing a fiver under the counter at Honest John's MOT emporium this year, to enable the old girl to once again grace the roads to La Sarthe in June as is her inalienable right?  Grin

MG Mark     

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: March 01, 2010, 11:54:16 pm »

Well Mark, funny you should mention this.  Smiley She's in poor shape to be honest  Sad but as soon as the WX takes a turn for the better then I fully intend tpo get her up and running and ready for the annual trek south. I really missed her at LM lat year. So providing I can get some spare time in between bi-weekly weekends in Holland, my trip to Barbados for the cricket, a business trip to South Africa, taking the pigs to slaughter, making sausages, and attending various other social and work engegements, I should have the old rascal up and running toute suite...

oh wait...  Sad

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: March 02, 2010, 12:04:56 am »

I am delighted to see such optimism (if tinged slightly already by advance pessimism), as will the MGA to hear such news - she does get so excited by the thought of a reunion after their night together outside Marham Mess.  And I do appreciate the need to fit around the more routine and mundane things in life, but do sincerely hope that she will not be pressed into service to take pigs to slaughter. 

I am, however, slightly concerned by the "oh wait" sign off, as if presaging either the arrival of the Mr Hyde side of the character predicting dire woes and curses, or that you have discovered some ill-founded, bizarre, never-been-heard-of-before malady that afflicts her through wanton neglect?  Keep the faith and you know that she will repay you handsomely with tales of derring-do in travelling to La Sarthe and back, assisted as required by others (cue Lara).......

MG Mark         

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: March 02, 2010, 12:41:58 am »

Thanks for the encouragement, and best regards to the A, she's a game old bird, so here's to a reunion in June.

I hadn't though about using the Commer to take the swine off for the chop, but what a good idea. I'd have to carefully remove the family of weasels who've taken residence under the bed. Three French partridges have been sleeping on the roof during the cold weather too and they've pecked some of the Hammerite paint off the screen peak which appears to have sent them insane. It's a right old menagery round here I can tell you.

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: March 02, 2010, 10:55:20 pm »

So, once again it appears that she hasn't been tucked up for the winter, safe from wildlife and vermin, in a "car cocoon".  And once again she will rise gamely to the challenge, even if you do seem to regard her as some 2CV equivalent to take "les cochons au marche"....  I predict a slight, but very discernible, red glow form the ignition lamp before you turn the key to attempt that first start of the year in the vain hope of avoiding the dreaded "click" of the starter solenoid, heralding a sub-optimal battery overcomin the demand form the coil to produce a spark as well as cranking the starter.  And that if you recharge it beforehand, the number of duff cells will outnumber the ones actually taking a charge. 

I have to say the MGA, game old bird that she is, outwitted me this year.  After treating her to a full front suspension rebuild, I was repaid for my diligence and care, not with with not the usual scenario above because the start was achieved beautifully, but after the first turn of the wheel off the drive and demanding throttle response, the rev limiter appeared at a mere 2000rpm, masquerading as a lazy SU fuel pump tick....

And I'd have a go at those gallic birds if I were you - I appreciate that they may be "origin francais", but don't they realise that an original screen peak is probably worth a mint?  Particularly with the period paint accesorization?

MG Mark       

Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: March 09, 2010, 03:00:17 am »

I just logged on for the first time in about 3 years..... and I can't believe this thread is still going and still on the front page!!! I never did quite understand what it was about in the first place!!

Good effort guys and gals!!   Grin

..oh and won't be there this year.... I'm 11,000 miles away.

Laters...  Tongue

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: March 10, 2010, 01:12:33 am »

Enough of all this florid banter... Is the Commer riding shotgun with the Bedford this June?
I hope she is.... that will slow all the flash fcukers down a bit!!

Zarse... a response is needed as bookings and plans need to be made!

PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: March 10, 2010, 10:38:24 pm »

Enough of all this florid banter... Is the Commer riding shotgun with the Bedford this June?

I am trusting that this indicates the intent, even if it does get turned into reality at the eleventh hour....

...but as soon as the WX takes a turn for the better then I fully intend tpo get her up and running and ready for the annual trek south. I really missed her at LM lat year.... I should have the old rascal up and running toute suite...

MG Mark

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: March 16, 2010, 10:16:57 pm »

Has Mr Zarse Started work on the Commer, just needs some girls hi on pot, wearing only their Afgan coats...and job done.

* pink commer.jpg (98.03 KB, 1417x1063 - viewed 490 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: