Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 03:11:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1029007 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: December 05, 2005, 12:27:09 pm »

There's a new rival on the block... Bit pricy though.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,22749-1901373,00.html

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1156 on: December 05, 2005, 12:37:47 pm »

This is the same VW that the Stig drove with Jamie Oliver in the back 'preparing a salad'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/star_laps/jamie.shtml

Steve East Anglian cobras

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 07, 2006, 11:29:38 pm »

About time we had a fresh bout of Commer banter, particularly as Mr Z was enthusiastically telling us at the Marham track day about how he was going to overhaul the brakes, and generally fettle the dear old girl in plenty of time for this year's outing.....

However, the is the opportunity right now to get in on something a little more heavyweight - just the job for awhole variety of purposes at La Sarthe...........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AVELING-BARFORD-1937-STEAM-ROLLER-10-TONNES_W0QQitemZ4608966353QQcategoryZ9883QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

However, just for those lusting after a look-a-like (well this one does have a funky raising roof....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Commer-Van-with-Sofa-Bed-Kitchen-Raisable-Roof_W0QQitemZ4608691871QQcategoryZ14256QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

All the best for now,

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 08, 2006, 03:44:41 pm »

Hi Mark,

You're right, things in Commerland are pretty quiet just at the moment. She sleeps her winter slumbers quietly decaying on her bed of wet grass. Rather like a shrine to happier, headier days of sunshine and tomfoolery and fun, she's exactly as I left her when I stumbled out of her on my return from Santa Pod in late October. Even the paper Ritazza latte beaker, which I purchased at Hatfield services on the A1, lies forlornly in the footwell just where it was hurled. God, doesn't February make one feel so maudlin... Still, roll on June and it'll all seem better.

If anyone is feeling blue for the kiss of warm sun on their cheeks, then I recommend this site for bringing a little cheer to your life:

http://www.commer.org.nz/index.html

Having said all that, only yesterday I picked up a new pair of front brake pipes bought off eBay for a tenner. I have now got everything I need to rebuild the arrester system. It was always a bit disconcerting wondering if there was sufficient fluid left in the master cylinder to complete a manouver once retardation was applied.

I've been thinking of fitting a new one of these too:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5661900984&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT

Something's bound to go wrong in the run up to departure, it always does, but I'm determined to catch it early this time.

AZ

PS Any news on next track day dates?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 03:49:57 pm by A Zarse esq » Logged

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1159 on: February 08, 2006, 04:09:26 pm »

Having said all that, only yesterday I picked up a new pair of front brake pipes bought off eBay for a tenner. I have now got everything I need to rebuild the arrester system. It was always a bit disconcerting wondering if there was sufficient fluid left in the master cylinder to complete a manouver once retardation was applied.

Andy, sod the brake pipes, fit a couple of these -

(p.s. - glad to see this worthy topic back on page one - where it belongs  Shocked )

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 08, 2006, 05:28:40 pm »

Hi Mark,

You're right, things in Commerland are pretty quiet just at the moment. She sleeps her winter slumbers quietly decaying on her bed of wet grass. Rather like a shrine to happier, headier days of sunshine and tomfoolery and fun, she's exactly as I left her when I stumbled out of her on my return from Santa Pod in late October. Even the paper Ritazza latte beaker, which I purchased at Hatfield services on the A1, lies forlornly in the footwell just where it was hurled. God, doesn't February make one feel so maudlin... Still, roll on June and it'll all seem better.

If anyone is feeling blue for the kiss of warm sun on their cheeks, then I recommend this site for bringing a little cheer to your life:

http://www.commer.org.nz/index.html

I've been thinking of fitting a new one of these too:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5661900984&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT

Something's bound to go wrong in the run up to departure, it always does, but I'm determined to catch it early this time.

AZ

PS Any news on next track day dates?

When's the MOT due Andy??
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: February 08, 2006, 06:11:14 pm »

Erm, about five days before we set out for France......  Sad

Papa Eric
CA Veteran

Team Eric

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 08, 2006, 06:50:43 pm »

Anyone interested in a VW?  Low miles, one careful lady owner!!!

http://www.youtube.com/w/vw-van-jump?v=hSyoryN8904

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #1163 on: February 08, 2006, 07:02:26 pm »

Erm, about five days before we set out for France......  Sad

This will sound sensible and remove all the fun of a last minute panic which as we all know is part of the build up to an important trip. 

BUT 

wouldn't be sensible to have the MOT completed in April or May Grin
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 08, 2006, 10:40:02 pm »

I'm sure he was going to mot it when he got back from Le Mans last year to save these last minute panics.
Still theres always next year Grin

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 09, 2006, 10:02:08 am »

I'm sure he was going to mot it when he got back from Le Mans last year to save these last minute panics.
Still theres always next year Grin

I fear that you are right there dear boy.  However, it all adds to the mystery, and tension that is our favourite vehicle!  Wink

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1166 on: February 09, 2006, 10:15:44 am »

Morning Gib,

Glad to see both the reappearance of this thread and your good self from hibernation.  Grin

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 09, 2006, 11:30:53 am »

Steve, I think Gib's been curled up asleep in his nesting box in the back of the Commer these last three months. The sudden sunshine yesterday must have awoken him. I just hope he hasn't wet the bed!  Wink

Nice to hear from you Gib. Must have a planning beer soon.

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 09, 2006, 11:38:28 am »

Steve, I think Gib's been curled up asleep in his nesting box in the back of the Commer these last three months. The sudden sunshine yesterday must have awoken him. I just hope he hasn't wet the bed!  Wink

Nice to hear from you Gib. Must have a planning beer soon.

Cheers Andy & Steve.  Life still very hectic with little time to spare.  Just moved in with new lady, still in Pound Hill.  When will I come to my senses?Huh??

Planning beer sounds good Andy, and no I did not wet the bed whilst nesting in the Commer.  nice of you to let me stay while though   Grin Grin Grin

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1169 on: February 09, 2006, 11:43:59 am »

Being another local lad, Maidenbower to be exact, can anyone come to the west sussex planning meeting where I presume, the finer points of commer motoring are discussed?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: