Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 05:32:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1035230 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: February 14, 2006, 07:11:14 pm »

I think we have a serious medical disagreement on our hands, so to speak. With due respect Steve, I think your prescription is the complete opposite of what is required here. It's a well known medical fact, or at least Chris Z tells me it is, that the glycol content of anti-freeze is an irritant to the small intestine. So Slick 50 by definition will cause the movements to be not so much stools, but more like door mats.

No, I have a better prescription altogether, namely Holt's Radweld. Taken anally, it'll tighten things up a treat and provide comfort and safety to the patient for the whole week. That or poison him to death, one or the other.

Oh, and for some post palliative care, I'd recommend a course of Radflush when you get home.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 07:15:34 pm by A Zarse esq » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 14, 2006, 07:17:48 pm »

PS Chris Z asked me to get him some of this whilst I'm in Halfords.

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1202 on: February 14, 2006, 07:22:34 pm »

Stools??  If you use Radweld surely you'll end up with a whole dining table!

This should be better.

The label says it stops frequent venting and prevents cold spots.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 15, 2006, 05:19:13 am »

This thread is the pinnacle of CA folly Roll Eyes
I love it.
Canada Phil
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 15, 2006, 05:03:31 pm »

Hi Phil, just to get things back on track and away from the folly, have a look at these Commers in Canada. And Holland. And Africa....

http://www.commer.org.nz/AWHiggins/AWHColl.html

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 16, 2006, 06:42:40 am »

Hi Andy,
            Interesting link. The Toronto one is interesting to me ofcourse. Lots of new trucks still have the HIAB crane fitted. Is it unique to Canada ? The address for Pilkington Glass is now in the Club District.
Canada Phil
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 16, 2006, 10:01:15 am »

Well I'll fit a new water pump and remove the thermostat if it helps you any.

That sounds just fine Andy, but without the thermostat wouldn't the water preassure be alittle high?  To which part of the cooling system do you recomment attaching the rectum?  It could be a bit tricky on top of the radiator  Shocked

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 16, 2006, 11:21:42 am »

Gib, I had of course intended to plug you into the heater matrix. Things could quickly become very like The Matrix film, you'll be sitting there plumbed in and sweating like Morpheus whilst Steve Brown and Fran are bouncing off the walls dodging bullets.

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 16, 2006, 11:35:54 am »

Hi Andy,
            Interesting link. The Toronto one is interesting to me ofcourse. Lots of new trucks still have the HIAB crane fitted. Is it unique to Canada ? The address for Pilkington Glass is now in the Club District.
Canada Phil
Phil,

HIABs are in the UK too, though I think it's also a generic term for any crane fitted to a lorry chassis. A bit like hoover is a generic term for a vacuum cleaner.

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 16, 2006, 11:42:39 am »

If anyone is interested to know more about the brilliant TS3 enginge, this is a great article. And also a link to hear what a proper Commer sounds like at on starting up and at full chat. I think it's very similar to a 70's Ferrari V12.

http://www.commer.org.nz/TS3motor.html

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1210 on: February 16, 2006, 12:35:11 pm »

I heard one of these on a test bed years ago, and we couldn't believe it was a 2 stroke truck diesel, it sounds far more exotic.  Will it fit the campervan?

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1211 on: February 16, 2006, 12:41:30 pm »

If anyone is interested to know more about the brilliant TS3 enginge, this is a great article. And also a link to hear what a proper Commer sounds like at on starting up and at full chat. I think it's very similar to a 70's Ferrari V12.

http://www.commer.org.nz/TS3motor.html

The info about the TS4 is even more fascinating.  Only 14 built and, when Chrysler bought out Rootes, they ordered all engines to be destroyed as it was at odds (but far better) than other engines they had developed in joint ventures!

Steve East Anglian cobras

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 16, 2006, 01:21:54 pm »

Gib, I had of course intended to plug you into the heater matrix. Things could quickly become very like The Matrix film, you'll be sitting there plumbed in and sweating like Morpheus whilst Steve Brown and Fran are bouncing off the walls dodging bullets.

Andy, I think I'd rather be warm, than trying to catch bullets.  But does this mean we would be under attach throughout the entire irrigation process.  Not very comfortable with that idea.

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 16, 2006, 02:39:00 pm »

The TS3 design is similar to the Leyland L60 engine used in the Chieftain tank on a bigger scale - Luckily they weren’t used in anger much - they had a life expectancy of 700 to 1,000 miles (great excuse to develop its own ARV (Armoured recovery Vehicle)) and a quick change system which meant they could change an engine in the field in about and hour - either a very quick hour with a shell up your bum or a very long one - depends on the enemy I guess.
Then there was the smoke issue, being 2 stroke,  when they first started up they emitted more smoke that Battersea power station - you can imagine - lets hide our tanks in this clump of woods, enemy waits for them to start up and the smoke plumes on the horizon, a fairly easy target spotter! Wasn’t very powerful either (cant remember the stats) we mated the new CV12 RR engine onto the standard TN42 gearbox in the last of the chieftains  - a cheap Challenger - and the increase in power just ate the boxes as soon as they steered them.
I still have an L60 piston, its iron, is about 4.5 inch in Dia and 9inch long weighs about 10lb! I tie it to the wife’s jaw when she needs some ballast. Lips Sealed
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: February 16, 2006, 10:17:21 pm »

I dont mind dodging bullets, but I flatly refuse to have anything plugged into my rectum.... Angry
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: