Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 01:56:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1034959 times)
nickliv
« Reply #1425 on: June 07, 2007, 11:51:17 am »

Andy

I hope your MOT tester hasn't got a computer!

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 07, 2007, 04:58:26 pm »

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 07, 2007, 05:04:11 pm »

Congratulations. Any backhanders required?

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1428 on: June 07, 2007, 05:34:07 pm »

You old tinker.  I suggest a round of applause is now called for.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 07, 2007, 05:52:00 pm »

The waiting with bated breath is over. Shocked

Autosport may have abandoned their LM guide 10 days before the race. Sad

But one traditional yearly milestone remains, and has now been reached. Smiley

The Commer is GO, so now Le Mans 2007 can start. Grin

Well done Andy, when is the Grand entrance to MB this year?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 07, 2007, 05:56:43 pm »

Thanks guys, arrival MB estimated at about 22.00 wed night.

Well, she sailed through, ignoring the advisory on the oil leak through the pinion oil seal but two strange incidents to report.

Firstly, on the way to the Test Centre I drove past a little pub called The Lamb at a small village called Lambs Green. Just as I was approaching, a long haired elderly man emerged from the pub with his friend who sported a Le Mans teeshirt. It's a very quiet pub, you never see people exitting at 15.00, so I pulled up and we had a brief chat. Le mans regulars, but I'd never met them before in my life. What are the chances eh?

Reviewing this thread a few days ago, I was reminded that last year when I left the test centre, Jeremy Vine was playing Something Inside (so strong) by Labia Sifrie. Well this year, just as I was being handed the piece of paper, it came on the radio playing in the workshop. What are the chances eh? (again).

Anyhow, we're all set fair to go now, and the Commer has bestowed it's munificent blessings upon all those travelling to LM by dodgy British iron.

Oh and permission granted to say- "She's a f**k*n' beauty!"

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 07, 2007, 09:30:08 pm »

Thanks guys, arrival MB estimated at about 22.00 wed night.

Well, she sailed through, ignoring the advisory on the oil leak through the pinion oil seal but two strange incidents to report.

Firstly, on the way to the Test Centre I drove past a little pub called The Lamb at a small village called Lambs Green. Just as I was approaching, a long haired elderly man emerged from the pub with his friend who sported a Le Mans teeshirt. It's a very quiet pub, you never see people exitting at 15.00, so I pulled up and we had a brief chat. Le mans regulars, but I'd never met them before in my life. What are the chances eh?

Reviewing this thread a few days ago, I was reminded that last year when I left the test centre, Jeremy Vine was playing Something Inside (so strong) by Labia Sifrie. Well this year, just as I was being handed the piece of paper, it came on the radio playing in the workshop. What are the chances eh? (again).

Anyhow, we're all set fair to go now, and the Commer has bestowed it's munificent blessings upon all those travelling to LM by dodgy British iron.

Oh and permission granted to say- "She's a f**k*n' beauty!"
Good Luck Andy,have a fun trip.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 08, 2007, 01:14:25 am »

Andy, what good news! Although as an oldie owner myself I have to say, not unexpected good news.

Oldies but goodies sums them up perfectly. Lara my Midget passed her MOT easily last week as well.

Funny about Labi Siffre though, must add that to my Good Vibrations Compilation"...

F***in great news, great!

Cheesy

Bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 08, 2007, 10:08:07 am »

Well hurrah and huzzah!  Jolly good to hear, and good news for the rest of us knowing that her blessings have been bestowed upon fellow classic iron. Although do remember that the old girl would never let you down in that way - it would take away all her fun in picking her time to mess you around. 

The MGA is ready to go too, having been given a good fettle and she passed the annual health check last weekend  Grin

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 08, 2007, 10:32:17 am »

Well, great, yeah. I'm so pleased for you.
Whatever.

I normally take the jag down to a local ex Coombs Mark2 fettler for the MOT, knowing that he has Mark2 sympathy, an unplumbed knowledge of the marque, and a special big hammer. He makes sure it passes.
This time round, I thought it would make me feel better about neglecting the old girl if it failed it's MOT, - I could then say, - "look pet, I know you'd love to come, and I'd love to take you, but you haven't got an MOT now have you though but? You wouldn't want us to risk a pull now would you? It's a shame, but considering the circumstances, I'm just going to have to leave you behind and cycle". I knew she'd understand.
So I took it to the High St MOT place, the herbert doing the tests down there is usually less than half the age of the cars exhaust system, I knew he wouldn't let me down.
The b*stard passed it.
Now I daren't go in the garage, she'll have me leg off. And I feel very guilty.
Where's the idiot fitter when you need one?

Have a good trip down boys, and I hope the core plugs stay exactly where they're meant to...
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 08, 2007, 08:41:16 pm »

H,

With you spurning her silky smooth ride in favour of the boneshaker this year, you didn't honestly think she was going to let you off that lightly did you  Roll Eyes

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: June 08, 2007, 09:08:19 pm »

Well Andy as the old girl has passed can she curse the Audi's and Pugs. Something like they win by a hundred laps. That should have them off at the first corner. Grin

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 08, 2007, 09:48:23 pm »

Congratulations to you and the old girl.
My young fella (50 next year) is also resplendent with his MOT but an aged seven month old one, which doesn't change the fact that new rear brakes and seals will be replaced next Tuesday (in time for my crack of dawn Friday departure) while you lot are probably setting off.
Ear plugs are being dusted off as we speak.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 08, 2007, 10:05:25 pm »

H,

With you spurning her silky smooth ride in favour of the boneshaker this year, you didn't honestly think she was going to let you off that lightly did you  Roll Eyes

MG Mark

Rumour has it that H's bike has no saddle and a threepenny bit for a back wheel.
nickliv
« Reply #1439 on: June 09, 2007, 11:21:08 am »

Can you not test the classics immediately on return from LM, so that you still have a valid ticket for the following year, even if the motor's gone a bit 'shonky' in the meantime?
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: