Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 05:06:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Driver's Parade  (Read 7027 times)
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2015, 07:36:18 pm »

Evening all, does anyone know the route of Friday afternoon's driver's parade by any chance?

Last year we sat in the bar at the back of Place des Jacobins and saw little other than the bottom of many glasses of beer.

However we'd like to see some cars this year........possibly.

Crouch..........bind..........set
cja

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 12:11:11 am »

Here is a link to the map for last year.

I imagine 2015 will be very similar

http://www.grande-parade-des-pilotes.com/datas/documents/parcours-2014.pdf

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best."
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 02:10:37 am »

The route on the map linkl above is what has been used for the last couple of years.
SO this year it will either be the same .......or completely different  Grin
Landman be aware the drivers frequently disembark at the bottom of the hill possibly because he cars are so old.
Phil
connlach

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 07:36:20 pm »

The route on the map linkl above is what has been used for the last couple of years.
Landman be aware the drivers frequently disembark at the bottom of the hill possibly because he cars are so old.
Phil

first time le mans visitor this year and wanted to catch the parade.  Is there anywhere at all on the route which would be regarded as quieter or is it several deep in all areas?
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 07:40:20 pm »

Phil

first time le mans visitor this year and wanted to catch the parade.  Is there anywhere at all on the route which would be regarded as quieter or is it several deep in all areas?
Always busy everywhere.

connlach

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 07:44:53 pm »

Thanks for the reply. Assuming kick off is about 6 what time would you suggest being there to see anything?
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 09:12:15 pm »

You will find it will busy everywhere, the Tram is a good option to get into town (parking is not good) you can find the full schedule for the week on this link http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/program/program_2_2_1736/20150612.html, you will see that the Parade starts at 17.30 so you need to aim to be in town a bit earlier depending on where you stand on the route. The Parade does become very separated along the route and quite protracted and giving lots of oportunity to drink beer, making the return journey a bit of a challenge for some.
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 10:32:36 pm »

Thanks for the reply. Assuming kick off is about 6 what time would you suggest being there to see anything?
About 4pm to get a decent uncrowded point. But be ready for a crush wherever you are.

We used to get to the square before barriers were put up (before the tram) have a nice long lunch, finishing just before the parade started, watch the parade, then back into the restaurant by the place du jardins. Then, when leaving greet all the British drivers we knew waiting to go in

Wooosh!!!!
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 03:55:21 am »

Phil

Hi connlach,
                  As suggested get into town early and see some of the sights. Print a map of the city centre so you can find your way around. The tram is a great way to get there.  Have fun. I would look for a viewing spot in the firs 1/3 of the route so they are still close together.
Phil
Phil
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 11:18:13 am »

Being in Houx, maybe it's time to finally do the parade this year.  Grin

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 04:49:29 pm »

May be I'll join you, Marius. This is my 29th Le Mans and I still haven't managed to make it to the driver. Shame on me.

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 12:14:16 pm »

May be I'll join you, Marius. This is my 29th Le Mans and I still haven't managed to make it to the driver. Shame on me.

Went to the drivers parade quite a few times in the past... never saw a car! Always seemed to get stuck in the Globe bar sitting in a corner swilling Pastis until evening then got the bus or a cab back... usually well pixxed.

Given up that in the last few years as I am trying to be responsible (what for I do not know)

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 12:27:22 pm »

The introduction of the trams certainly makes it easier and quicker. I seem to recall from a couple of years ago that the tram was absolutely packed (although maybe that was because we left it until the last minute to actually go into Le Mans). It was actually getting pretty feisty as we got nearer the centre and people waiting at the stops weren't able to get on. We managed to find a little bar that was on the route which no-one else seemed to have spotted. It didn't have any chairs or tables but we were able to get drinks without queuing for ages and then just drink them by the side of the road. Crowds were still about 3 or 4 deep at that point but as people got bored and drifted away you could get to the front if that's really important for you. I was happy to hang back so I could be nearer the bar.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 02:41:03 pm »

The introduction of the trams certainly makes it easier and quicker. I seem to recall from a couple of years ago that the tram was absolutely packed (although maybe that was because we left it until the last minute to actually go into Le Mans). It was actually getting pretty feisty as we got nearer the centre and people waiting at the stops weren't able to get on. We managed to find a little bar that was on the route which no-one else seemed to have spotted. It didn't have any chairs or tables but we were able to get drinks without queuing for ages and then just drink them by the side of the road. Crowds were still about 3 or 4 deep at that point but as people got bored and drifted away you could get to the front if that's really important for you. I was happy to hang back so I could be nearer the bar.

Tram?

I think you mean cattle trucks don't you?

The trams set off full, then the locals try to barge their way onboard!

Can't recall if it was 2014 or 2013 that a damn good punch up started at one stop as the locals were objecting to them not being able to get on to their trams due to us lot heading in to their City centre to spend our hard-earned cash.

It's like moving house close to Heathrow and complaining about the noise.

Anyway we've ploughed through 2015's route and think we have identified a couple of new bars to occupy.  Roll on Friday the 12th.

tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 03:44:53 pm »

Tram?

I think you mean cattle trucks don't you?

The trams set off full, then the locals try to barge their way onboard!

Can't recall if it was 2014 or 2013 that a damn good punch up started at one stop as the locals were objecting to them not being able to get on to their trams due to us lot heading in to their City centre to spend our hard-earned cash.

It's like moving house close to Heathrow and complaining about the noise.

Anyway we've ploughed through 2015's route and think we have identified a couple of new bars to occupy.  Roll on Friday the 12th.

You're quite right Landman, cattle truck is a far more accurate description. I felt it wasn't too bad getting on because we were more or less the first people on the tram, but it was absolutely rammed. I guess the trick is to go in earlier, pitch up at a bar, get a great view, and then wait for a load of people to turn up at the last minute to block your view!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: