Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 12:47:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donations to CA  (Read 20267 times)
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2015, 12:11:55 pm »

Just a note to say thanks to all Ca'ers and others who made a donation to Club Arnage Charities after downloading the Guide this year.

I've analysed the donations made, and the results are quite encouraging.  Whilst the door is still open for more donations (it never closes!!), I don't believe there will be many more now.

A total of 41 people donated £358.39 after Paypal and currency conversion charges. The smallest donation was £2.50 and the largest £30.

Of the 41 people, 32 were UK based (£), 8 were euro (€) and 1 was CHP, and all bar 1 managed to mark it as a gift, so Paypal fees were minimal.

Whilst this is still small beer compared to the number of downloads (how many Werner??), it is a bit better than previous years - around 15% increase in value.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 01:59:47 pm »

Whilst it's good to see a rise in the donations, as always, it's disappointing to know that the majority of downloads are made on the sly without making a donation.

Shame on any CA'ers that have done so!  And double shame on any non-CA'ers who have used a guide produced by the members for the members without making a donation!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 02:31:38 pm »

Agreed!

If you compare it to a generic car ormotorsport magazine that you might buy for £5/€6 then the content and entertainment must be superior. 

And if you assume that it's been downloaded with a view of actually using it at the 24 Hour, (rather than research for a visit in future years), it just has to be worth an trackside beer or two.

You must of course factor in a little that some people may pay once, but download to multiple devices - work PC (for colour printing he he), home PC, iPad etc. then there's the, I forgot where I saved it, so download it again.

So the actual number of people using the guide may be up to half the actual download.

Still, there must be some CAers who are still to give their donation.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 05:07:58 pm »

I tried to use the charity download thingy from Paypal but it didnt give me the proper place to make it

Not sure now but I may have used the banking details method instead

then forgot to download it, print it and take it with me

ho hum  Sad

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 05:59:16 pm »

Not sure now but I may have used the banking details method instead

Yes, you did, Bill.

Team Delboy Racing
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 07:54:22 pm »

I made a small donation at the time but i am going to make another once my pay arrives in my bank Smiley

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 12:56:16 am »

I tried to use the charity download thingy from Paypal but it didnt give me the proper place to make it.......
I didn't get the gift option, just "money transfer", but I am a well known money launderer, and probably forgot to pay last year.

This is the first year I didn't print it and left it on the tablet Shocked

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 12:53:26 am »

So how many downloads were there?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 10:28:32 pm »

Aricus

Roughly about 1.500. The number of downloads is going down  Wink year after year, it was actually much higher in the beginning, when we started the guide 2006. I think the reason is that there is more and more information on the web now than it was 9 years ago. When we started the guide it was unique - but today even the ACO folks are getting their act together and are publishing proper entry lists and race week schedules.

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 08:41:38 am »

Aricus

Roughly about 1.500. The number of downloads is going down  Wink year after year, it was actually much higher in the beginning, when we started the guide 2006. I think the reason is that there is more and more information on the web now than it was 9 years ago. When we started the guide it was unique - but today even the ACO folks are getting their act together and are publishing proper entry lists and race week schedules.

So it would have been nice to have had a £1 for each one then  Roll Eyes

I downloaded, paid my money, printed one page and left it at home...

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 01:42:22 pm »

Djet tells me that the guide was downloaded 6,473 times.

That excludes any downloads from Werner's backup location.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 03:50:26 pm »

So it's still very popular then - testament to Werner's and other's efforts to produce it and update it.  It is, frankly, completely unmatched by anything else - everything is in it, from the history, regs, programme, cars, drivers, how to get there and back, where to stay and go, and what to do. 

Way beyond my technical or practical know how, but as most people seem to have smartphones and/or tablets these days, might it be worth thinking about making it downloadable via purchase through an app, rather than free download and voluntary contribution?

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 03:54:44 pm »

So eight thousand downloads makes it worthwhile for Werner to have done it all again   angel

Just be nice if we could get a higher conscience response from people

I'd just like to say thank you again for a magnificent effort Werner and your assistant/correspondents

I'll be bunging again next year if you give us a new one

And shouting on line in various places how nice it would be if the charities get some more dosh out of it too if you like

Bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 07:37:09 pm »

Djet tells me that the guide was downloaded 6,473 times.

That excludes any downloads from Werner's backup location.

Oops, hope he's right,that would be great. Do you know what timeframe he looked at? I'm asking because the download link never changed over the years.

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 08:46:37 pm »

...Way beyond my technical or practical know how, but as most people seem to have smartphones and/or tablets these days, might it be worth thinking about making it downloadable via purchase through an app, rather than free download and voluntary contribution?

MG Mark
As I understand it, "we" use certain logos (ie the ACO) for free as there is no money made. If a nominal fee is required, it becomes commercial and may open up a whole new set of problems. Werner, am I correct?
Personally, a £1 per download as a nominal donation is a small token for the effort made by all

Wooosh!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: