Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 11:37:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 100th edition of the Indy 500 in 2016 - Anyone else planning to go?  (Read 39238 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2015, 11:15:18 am »

Hi Werner,
               That sounds like an excellent plan. I am envious of the Ford museum which I should get to some day. The other two I have been to and are well worth a visit. Have fun.
Phil

Hi Phil,

why don't you just come from Toronto to Detroit (train or flight) on 24th, we'll do the Henry Ford together, drive to Indy together and you go back by plane then after the race. Just a thought...

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2015, 03:28:52 am »

Hi Werner,
               That sounds like an excellent plan. I am envious of the Ford museum which I should get to some day. The other two I have been to and are well worth a visit. Have fun.
Phil

Hi Phil,

why don't you just come from Toronto to Detroit (train or flight) on 24th, we'll do the Henry Ford together, drive to Indy together and you go back by plane then after the race. Just a thought...

Hi Werner,
               That does sound like an excellent idea. I'll buy an extra lottery ticket  Grin
I know it would be a great time to hang out with you at those museums...and Bars laugh
Phil
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2015, 06:03:24 pm »

whoohoo! tickets are confirmed, 8 tickets for J-upper Smiley

Werner, Neil, off we go!
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2015, 08:01:12 am »

whoohoo! tickets are confirmed, 8 tickets for J-upper Smiley

Werner, Neil, off we go!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2015, 01:46:30 pm »

Great news that most of us have finally been given a ticket allocation from the speedway, although does puzzle me a bit how some of you manged to get upper J stand when you applied in October and I applied in June for the same stand but got allocated North Vista seats instead, but hey ho !

Anyway onto other things, I see that you have 8 tickets booked in J stand, so who are they all for as I have only seen the names of Werner, Dirk, Henk and Neil mentioned, so are the other 4 for partners or do we have other Club Arnager's coming too ?

As suggested on Facebook, I think it would be great to organise a group meal together at a resturant after the race has finished for Sunday evening and have a Club Arnage get together.

Maybe Fax can suggest a suitable venue or resturant and once number are known, then we could perhaps make a booking to reserve a suitable size table. Allowing enough time to exit the speedway taking traffic into consideration of course.

Below is a rough draft of my plans for my dad and I's trip which includes as much racing as possible.

Friday 20th May - Fly to Cincinnati, drive to hotel at Indy,
Saturday - Qualifying at Indy, Dirt track racing at Kokomo Speedway in the evening.
Sunday - Bump day at Indy.
Monday  - Speedway Musuem
Tuesday - Sight seeing
Wednesday - dirt track racing at Terre Haute.
Thursday - USAC Silver Crown at Indy Fairgrounds .
Friday - Carb Day at Indy  /Sprint cars at Bloomington,
Saturday - Legends Day at Indy / Little 500 at Anderson Speedway
Sunday - Indy 500 / Club Arnage meal
Monday - Drive to Lawerenceberg for the World of Outlaws.
Tuesday - Fly home from Cincinnati

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:48:38 pm by Chris24 » Logged
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2015, 01:48:28 am »

I believe we are in Stand H, or J.  Won't know for sure until next Friday, but I've been tipped off that they will be Christmas presents from my parents.  As far as a post-race meal?   That's an interesting one because we usually head for the interstate as soon as we get back to the car.  Dave Harper is probably the best one to give advice on that, since he lives in the Indianapolis area.  I would imagine most restaurants will be busy, but can't say for sure.  Traffic is very congested after the race, especially around the west side of the city.  There are some good sports bars & watering holes near Lucas Oil Stadium (where the NFL Colts play).   We've always stopped on the way back to Cincinnati in a small village called Oldenburg, near the Indiana-Ohio border, there's a little village inn called Wagner's, that has Warsteiner Dunkel on tap, and the best fried chicken in the Midwest.  But as I said its way over near the Ohio border.
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2015, 06:01:03 am »

For those travelling to the 100th running of the Indy 500.
he event takes place at IMS Indianapolis Motor Speed Way which is located in
the town of Speedway Indiana.
The Union Jack Pub is worth a visit for both Beer and Food. It is a racing themed pub. Can be very crowded on race week end. http://www.unionjackspeedway.com/
Vast helmet collection and original racing art on the walls. be sure to visit all the rooms.
Phil
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2015, 08:30:59 am »

The Union Jack Pub is worth a visit for both Beer and Food. It is a racing themed pub. Can be very crowded on race week end. http://www.unionjackspeedway.com/
Vast helmet collection and original racing art on the walls. be sure to visit all the rooms.
Phil

I can only second that, been there a couple of years ago. Nice place.

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2015, 06:05:27 pm »

Agreed, the Union Jack is pretty good.  If your looking for a awesome breakfast near the speedway, hit Charlie Brown's Pancakes and Steakhouse over on Main St. Right around the corner from IMS, and just down the street from Dallara's North American HQ.  It's a greasy spoon that's been there forever, and is a longtime favorite with the drivers and crews during the month of May (and the rest of the year for that matter), it's normal to walk in and find a famous name digging into a omelette, great memorabilia collection decorating the walls also.
Fax
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2015, 08:59:33 am »

we could also do the eating and drinking on saturday if that helps for the planning Smiley

Chris, the other 4 tickets are for friends of Werner, i think americans

why i got upper J don't really know,maybe because i already had an account with Indy and bought tickets 3 years ago for J stand?

still need to arrange travel details but can't wait to go Cheesy
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2015, 08:56:01 pm »

Saturday night is a non starter for me as my dad and I will be going to The Little 500 at Anderson Speedway, north east of Indianapolis.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2015, 08:09:46 am »

Chris, the other 4 tickets are for friends of Werner, i think americans

One is for me, one for Martijn and the other 2 for former colleagues from Detroit.

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2015, 11:17:44 am »

As suggested on Facebook, I think it would be great to organise a group meal together at a resturant after the race has finished for Sunday evening and have a Club Arnage get together.

I'd also be interested in a sunday evening meal in Indy, since I will stay at the track until Monday after the race, my flight out will leave around noon.

Anyone knows if it's possible to stay on the campsite (Coke lot, 1C) until monday morning - or do they close it down after the race?

Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2015, 06:12:07 pm »

Werner, when i was there in 2012 it was ok to stay until the monday morning

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2015, 07:57:24 pm »

Agreed, whenever we've camped there, we have always waited until the day after the race to get out of town.  Trying to get a big camper (I think you guys call them caravans) out of there right after the race would be nightmarish.  It's way to congested to attempt it, so they allow everybody stay in residence for another night.  Best to kick back, fire up the grill, relax with some cold beer, and watch the scenery go by.
Fax
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: