Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 05:46:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Club Arnage Guide – it’s time to say good-bye!  (Read 14913 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 01:19:34 am »

Werner,

You've done a fantastic job starting it, producing it, and updating it each year and we are all enormously grateful for that. But I think that it is better - and still more relevant - than you think.

When a mate of mine who has been going for over 30 years downloaded and read it for the first time this year after sending him the link, he was blown away by it. The simple reason was that, apart from its accuracy and obvious effort to inform everyone, he didn't have to go to multiple places to find what he needed - everything was there in one place - the history, the tech regs (importantly, what they mean in real terms), the entries and teams, where to go, what to see, where to stay and so on - but most importantly, in one place....

So perhaps we need to review/update selected portions, how it is published etc, but perhaps a review and a re-birth rather than a full stop finish?

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 03:00:42 pm »

Werner, you have done a fantastic job with the guide, and to echo above it was the first, and best guide out there for the fan, everything in one place. You have put a lot of time and effort into this (at times Herculean) task, and you have my support and thanks

It has been a great honour to contribute to it. There are certain chapters that will always be relevant, and I will be happy to join with anyone who wants to keep the the online publication going

Wooosh!!!!
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 11:59:27 am »

Just a simple thank you for your work

Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 01:19:27 pm »

Werner,

It is the end of an era for the guide. Your efforts in compiling it for the last decade have been appreciated by thousands of Le Mans race fans. You have my heartfelt gratitude for your dedication to the task.

I agree that the guide as it currently stands is less fit for purpose than it was eleven years ago, however I think it is possible to re-think it and make it relevant again. I'm not sure exactly the route we need to take to make that happen, but I'm sure the CA community will find a way.

Dave D / GF
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 05:26:32 pm »

First of all thanks Werner, its been a fantastic aid for many years and has guided many virgins through there first time.
i think the guide should remain as a basic guide without the current cars and teams just a a reference.

But maybe it is time for some of our younger users to decide how to take the guide into the future as they understand the modern hand held world better than the Less young guys that have been using the forum for years

Nick
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 06:55:30 pm »

But Nick - Are there many younger than you???
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 08:50:30 pm »

I haven't printed anything out for years and I think 2014 and 2015 were just downloaded to tablet. (2016 was forgotten and my programs fro the last 4 years are still sealed in cellophane - sad isn't it).

What do we want to achieve?

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 06:49:08 am »

Ahh thanks Dave Grin

JPS Beemer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 01:05:06 pm »

Massive thank you Werner. The guide was an integral part of our weekend away, reading it on the way down and referring to it through the weekend.  Unrivalled in its completeness and back before everything was Googlable enabled us newbies to experiences bits of LM we ever knew about.  I still have a number of beaten up copies knocking around the back of the BMW.  It was with immense pride that I had a piece published regarding the race result one year.

But in summary, thanks!

Little Bill Daggett: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.
Will Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: