Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 12:22:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FUNDRAISING IDEAS  (Read 82481 times)
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2007, 05:16:13 pm »

What about asking those with tickets posting in sell or swap area to pay an admin fee to CA for the posting.  There is always a lot of additional traffic at this time of year compaired to the pistonheads and beermountain
forums.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2007, 05:33:48 pm »

The CA Calander idea if a runner and given the blessing of the ACO, could it include pictures of previous years as well as this?

For what its worth I think selling tickets may be more hassle than its worth and would go against the CA way of thinking IMHO.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2007, 11:33:53 am »

I know I'm on the committee now and can put this forward there but would be grateful for others' thoughts.  If my attempt at getting CA bookings in early and all in one lump so we can be together in '08 works out - how about charging everybody a pound or two for the privilege next year?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nickliv
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2007, 06:08:11 pm »

Hell yes.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2007, 03:01:22 pm »

Absolutely Termie! For a foolproof way of getting the tickets you want it is a very small price to pay!
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2007, 04:23:24 pm »

My idea goes one step further than this.

The best way to regularly raise the money to keep the server running would be to charge an annual membership for certain special privileges, namely the ability to purchase tickets through Club Arnage. I'm not for one minute suggesting that we become a ticket agency but I think we have enough interest to make an approach to the ACO.

Plucking numbers out of the air I reckon we could go to them and say we want at least 200 camping tickets (numbers and locations as specified by us) and 300 GA's. We would like ACO discount prices on the GA's if possible but we will pay full price for the camping tickets. The only thing we want is a guarantee that we will receive exactly what we ask for (i.e. 100 MB, 20 bleu, 50 HA etc.). Point out that all orders are from people who already order directly with the ACO and instead of 100 orders to deal with they will have only one.

At our end people have to get their orders to us by June the year before (so we would be looking at starting for the 2009 race) and then confirm and pay for their order by the end of November. We can then confirm with the ACO and pay from the Club Arnage account.

Someone from the committee would then collect all the tickets as early as they become available and they would be sent from England first class recorded delivery (charged for on top of the tickets).

Logistically it requires a spreadsheet with all order details, someone to collect and bank the cheques, someone to liaise with the ACO (Hi Debs!), someone to pay the ACO, someone to collect the tickets and people to send them out from the UK.

If the committee see any mileage in this idea then I would be happy to collate orders and send out tickets.

As for the membership fee, I reckon most people would be happy to pay £10 a year and an extra £5 for postage (seeing as the ACO charge around €15 anyway) to guarantee their ticket allocation and early delivery.

Just an idea!!!!!!!!!!!

Love from RobTheReject  Grin

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2007, 06:17:39 pm »

Rob,

Although I'm new to CA, I think thats a great idea.

Based on past experience with obtaining tickets from the ACO as a member and from UK ticket agencies, this has got to be a better way of doing it.

Hope the commitee sees it that way as well.

Afterall, from earlier threads elsewhere, it seems the ACO view this forum so they know us as a club and the number of CA members that attend LM. I would think they would go for it.

Jerry
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 06:22:39 pm by jjkt15 » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2007, 06:20:38 pm »

The '08 bookings have to be in on Friday so it's too late to do this for this year.  It would need to be something we carefully looked at for '09, and will be something we can mull over in the closed season.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2007, 08:01:25 pm »

I suggested the "Ticket Agent" thing a while back.  I suggested that those of use that were members could effectively donaote our unwanted allowance to the "Club".    For example as ther are two ACO members in our group but we only need 6 Camping and 9 General Admision Tickets.  So in effect we have a spare 6 Camping pass and 3 General Admission Tickets.  I'd be quite happy to pass on the unwanted discounts to the CA fund.

The big  problem I see are.  Is the cost.  Assuming the tickets on average cost €50 then the value of an order outlined by Robspot would be €25000.  Plus there are those of us that require granstand seats.  It would be quite an undertaking.   

On the plus side though if we assume none of us are ACO members and we chaged the standard price. For the  300 GA tickets this year we would have to pay €55 and sold at €61 giving a profit of €6 per ticket  or €1800 more than enough for the cost of the server. 

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2007, 08:08:53 pm »

The big problem is logistics.  This is a guess based on one bill you've all so kindly helped to pay, but we maybe need £1000 (as a round figure) a year.  The committee was set up to help raise this.  Now we are getting into the realms of big jobs, big outlays and consequent big problems!  Of course it's not up to me to say no but I think Nopanic's "Keep it Simple" technique is apposite here.  2 or 3 pounds for the earliest possible reservation is one thing.  Turning ourselves into an agency is quite another and will need a good deal of thought.

Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2007, 08:17:46 pm »

I agree it will need a great deal of thought and it may prove to be too difficult but what's the one thing we all have (well most of us) the most trouble with? It's getting the allocation we asked for and not having to resort to the ridiculous prices of Just Tickets, MRI or worse still *bay.

It's something for post Le Mans ponderance though.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2007, 08:22:35 pm »

I agree it will need a great deal of thought and it may prove to be too difficult but what's the one thing we all have (well most of us) the most trouble with? It's getting the allocation we asked for and not having to resort to the ridiculous prices of Just Tickets, MRI or worse still *bay.

It's something for post Le Mans ponderance though.
Agree 100%.  On the other hand a) I have always reserved my tickets for the following year during PQ and b) I have always got what I asked for.  So hopefully my little scheme should work... But you never know, do you?

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2007, 08:33:22 pm »

Now we are getting into the realms of big jobs

Frank Boughs Knob!!
That's not a nice realm to get into, I'd say...
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2007, 10:04:30 am »

... I think Nopanic's "Keep it Simple" technique is apposite here.  2 or 3 pounds for the earliest possible reservation is one thing.  Turning ourselves into an agency is quite another and will need a good deal of thought.
I agree.

The way I see it for 2009 tickets you are 'donating' a couple of hours of your time to the CA cause. If 20 folk use your service @ £2 each that is £40 for the server which is better than nowt and involves no obligation on the part of CA, nor financial obligation. There is very low risk to anything - at worst you do not receive/submit someones application and they have to send it in to ACO themselves. (Hence the low reward.)

But the ticket agency runs into high risk problems if the allocation is incorrect - somebody lands up blaming CA for ACO problems. Let alone huge cash flow issues identified by others.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2007, 10:32:59 am »

As said, I also think the tickets Idea is good but should be restricted to known CA members with some sort of reliability record, and not the general public. This should restrict any complications and avoide people selling them on *bay. I think some sort of agreement would be needed by the ACO. A definate commitment would be needed by the recipients, which shouldnt be a problem, however with out an upfront agreement from the ACO, it could all fall apart and land every one in a very difficult postion.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: