Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 06:48:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nurburgring 24hrs - advice needed!  (Read 116562 times)
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2009, 11:40:44 am »

He's been teaching sex education recently, remind me to tell you about what the kids in Redhill think about the uses of cling film as a contraceptive!  Shocked

Could be worse - could have used silver foil!   Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2009, 12:11:26 pm »

Mein Fahrad zuruck!!
Old feeling die hard eh .... ?  All in jest I am sure Grin
Dobbo
CA Veteran

They've rebadged it you fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2009, 12:25:59 pm »

I know it's odd and totally untypical for a good CA thread to jump back on topic but I'll try now. Although (or because) I live close by I have no experience with the campsites at the Nring, I never stayed a night out there. I've seen that the campsite map on the website lists 6 temporary campsites. Does anyone (Dobbo?) have a recommendation which of these campsite-bogs-bar places is the best one and could become a CA meeting place?

Well I will attempt to list the pros and cons of the sites.

Hatzenbach pros: Good spectating, close to the GP circuit (paddock), usually a bar at the end of the Hatzenbach complex, close to Nurburg village (couple of decent restaurants).
Hatzenbach cons: Will get busy from monday onwards (need to be in by wednesday really if you are a big group)

Adenauer Forst pros: Good spectating (Fuchsrohre to AF is a very spectacular section of circuit climbing up through the trees), due to its remoteness will be the last site to fill and there is plenty of space, could arrive on Sat morning of race day and still find a spot, easy drive down into Adenau town (loads of restaurants and bars and a supermarket at the Breidscheid bridge)
Adenauer Forst cons: Its quite a hike to other parts of the circuit and the GP track and if you were brave enough to walk into Adenau be prepared for a very steep climb back up!

Metzgesfeld pros: Excellent spectating (great remote downhill section all the way down to Breidscheid), should be space left on the Friday, usually a bar, easy drive down to Adenau (see AF pros), real camping in the forrest!
Metzgesfeld cons: Although not as bad as AF the walk from Adenau town up to Metzgesfeld is a bit of a killer (not so bad if you go alongside the track as you can watch the racing as you go!)

Wehrseifen & Briedscheid pros: Excellent spectating, bars at Wehrseifen and Breidscheid, easy walk into Adenau
Wehrseifen & Briedscheid cons: None really although the prime spots near the road at Breidscheid will go early in the week.

Steikstreke to Brunnchen pros: Best spectating on the circuit (the wipperman complex is incredible, everyone want to see the Karussell and the jump at Pflanzgarten is pretty neat as well!), bars at Hohe Acht and Brunnchen
Steikstreke to Brunnchen cons: Gets very busy so get in quick, once you are in its impossible to access Adenau or Nurburg on foot.

Schwalbenschwanz pros: Plenty of space, should be ok to turn up on thu or fri, easy to walk to other parts of the circuit (i.e. Pflanzgarten, Brunnchen, Wipperman etc)
Schwalbenschwanz cons: Not the best spectating on the actual campsite (when compared to the rest of the Nordschleife of course!), can't access Adenau or Nurburg on foot.

All of these campsites have plenty of bogs. They aren't the nicest, just portaloos. They have taps but the water isn't drinkable, soft drinks can be bought from the bars and some sell food as well.

Let me know what day you are thinking of going and I can recommend which campsite to go for. A lot of this comes down to personal opinion of course Wink As an alternative there is hotel accommodation still available in Adenau, if anyone wants a few more luxuries (i.e. cold Weissbrau on demand Grin) then let me know.

hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2009, 12:38:51 pm »

The biggest "camping" grounds are located from Hohe Acht to Schwalbenschwanz
(4 to 6). There are NO facilities except Dixi toilets.
I quite like the part around Breitscheid (3) because it's close to supermarkets
and the "civilised world".

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Weena

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2009, 01:01:15 pm »

Crikey! thats a lot of information Dobbo  Smiley thanks

We're due to arrive Friday late afternoon / evening. Once there we don't really want to be driving until we leave so which campsite would you suggest we stay on that is within walking distance to beer and food?

Will there be anywhere to have a shower?  Huh or do we need to invest in shed loads of baby wipes!  Smiley
Dobbo
CA Veteran

They've rebadged it you fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2009, 01:18:25 pm »

Of the temporary camping grounds around the NS I would say only Metzgesfeld and Adenauer Forst will have any space left. This is generally speaking of course, it is much like the old unallocated days of Le Mans in that the campsite will be full but if you drive around for ages you might just find a little bit of space with your name on it! What I am saying is Metzgesfeld and AF would be your best bet.

Neither of them are within easy walking distance of the bars and restaurants in Adenau town because the walk back up is very steep. If that is a problem you could try squeezing into Breidscheid (easy access to everything) and have Metzgesfeld as your backup.

For showering I've just filled up a bowl with water from the taps and got somebody to tip it over my head. Certainly wakes you up on a morning Shocked. I can see that might not be to everybodys liking though and to be fair that is why I now take the easy option of the hotel. You can always use the permanent campsite at Mullenbach that was discussed earlier.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 01:39:53 pm »

Cheers for the info Dobbo...
Time for some collective decision making Huh

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
mutant

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 01:47:52 pm »

Afternoon all, Esther here.

Thought this would be a good time to make my CA posting debut, although I have been spying on you lot for a good few years ;-)

Looking forward to the carnage in Germany and thanks to everyone who has helped out Weena with advice etc so she can do all the planning for those of us too lazy to bother!   Grin
Weena

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2009, 03:02:43 pm »

Thanks Dobbo, I shall discuss further with the girls.
Can't wait to tell Kelly (the camping v*rgin) about the bowl of water 'shower' or perhaps I should save it until we arrive, be a nice surprise  Grin
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2009, 03:23:04 pm »

Can't wait to tell Kelly (the camping v*rgin) about the bowl of water 'shower' or perhaps I should save it until we arrive, be a nice surprise  Grin
Dont tell her anything.... Evil

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 03:24:14 pm »

Hmmmm......worth coming just to hold the bowl of water methinks   Evil

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2009, 03:31:14 pm »

Being close to food & Drinks is always a good idea, Breitscheit sounds OK.

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Weena

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2009, 03:52:38 pm »

Kelly has just found out the bad news and this was her response by email:

'ok getting really upset now are you suggesting we go 4 days without a shower and share a very small tent?HuhHuhHuhHuh'

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2009, 04:18:14 pm »

Did you tell her that 4 days without washing is nothing and that you did 6 days at LM.... Grin

Weena

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2009, 04:19:25 pm »

Just in case any of you were worried that we might smell, Esther has just found a portable shower on ebay!  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: