Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 05:42:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where's the buzz gone?  (Read 18198 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 03:35:43 pm »

Buzzzzzzzzz, Buzzzzzzz

Tickets are arriving, the weathers getting better (its sunny and warm today) , and I'm putting the car on the drive this weekend to start fiddling with it.
The pounds even got a bit stronger just to help a bit.

Just over 7 weeks!!!!
What kind of car are you taking?

Randy

Its my 87 , E28 528i, nothing special but there wont be many others about.

I'm going to pull the injectors and give them a clean, and do a bit of paintwork.

Bugger! When i moved workshop over Christmas I threw a full set of mint doors for a E28 in the skip and sent a 520 to the breakers yard. It had Alpina wheels on it too!
Still have a set of mint front and rear lights if you want them.

Drop me a PM if they are any use.

Si

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 08:33:07 pm »

Nic choice RedStu - I'm taking the 1985 728 pictured.

You can't beat a good old luxo-barge for the trip, especially if there are more than 2 of you to split the fuel bills!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 09:43:28 pm »

I'm ready NOW!!
In fact Mrs Lord Steve has officially banned all talk of Le Mans round the house and she'll go demented if I "trial-pack" my rucksack and check tickets and passports etc one more time.
It sounds like my wife. I think the conversation goes like this:
Wife, "Where are you?"
Me, "I'm upstairs"
Wife, "What are you doing"
Me, "I'm just looking for something"
Wife, "You're not packing your rucksack again?"
Me, "Er, no."

Ade

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 09:47:09 pm »

Buzzzzzzzzz, Buzzzzzzz

Tickets are arriving, the weathers getting better (its sunny and warm today) , and I'm putting the car on the drive this weekend to start fiddling with it.
The pounds even got a bit stronger just to help a bit.

Just over 7 weeks!!!!
What kind of car are you taking?

Randy

Its my 87 , E28 528i, nothing special but there wont be many others about.

I'm going to pull the injectors and give them a clean, and do a bit of paintwork.

Bugger! When i moved workshop over Christmas I threw a full set of mint doors for a E28 in the skip and sent a 520 to the breakers yard. It had Alpina wheels on it too!
Still have a set of mint front and rear lights if you want them.

Drop me a PM if they are any use.

Si

Aghhh , youve brought me to tears, A set of alpinas would have looked great in place of the later 6 spokes from an e34 (had to replace the metrics) that mine has. You'll tell me next that the rear bumper was in good order as well.
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 09:56:27 pm »

Hey all a buzzin here just keeping it quiet as I've not told the wife yet that I will be away for 8 days at this years L/M instead of the usual 3 days  Grin cant wait! hey has anyone got any ideas on how I should break the news to her? I've been waiting for the right moment which so far has not appeared  Evil

been there done that doing it again !
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 10:12:31 pm »

Hey all a buzzin here just keeping it quiet as I've not told the wife yet that I will be away for 8 days at this years L/M instead of the usual 3 days  Grin cant wait! hey has anyone got any ideas on how I should break the news to her? I've been waiting for the right moment which so far has not appeared  Evil
Get her drunk!
Over the years all my Girlfriends and the ex wife were pleased to see me gone for that long... and Lady PP is more than happy to have an all expenses paid 10 day trip. Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2009, 10:14:45 pm »

Get her drunk!
Over the years all my Girlfriends and the ex wife were pleased to see me gone for that long... and Lady PP is more than happy to have an all expenses paid 10 day trip. Grin

Funny - my other half is glad to see me go, and apart from last year, I only get a one way ticket to France, so even I don't know when I'll be back.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2009, 10:23:50 pm »

Thats the idea.

Tell herindoors that going isn't at issue, but coming back can be

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2009, 10:45:21 pm »

Get her drunk!

Funny - my other half is glad to see me go, and apart from last year, I only get a one way ticket to France, so even I don't know when I'll be back.

at least you go back Lips Sealed

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2009, 11:05:30 pm »

Get her drunk!

at least you go back Lips Sealed

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2009, 11:24:41 pm »

Send her a text message from the boat...  Grin

>Martini...LB
                  zz
                     ZZZ
                          ZZZZ

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Buck Bundy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2009, 11:36:35 pm »

I'm a bit skint this year, but all that means is that I have to use Paypal to order my CA shirt. That's what credit cards are for.

I've not been on here very much, and hardly at all the last 12 months, but just too busy. Buzz is very much building though, my mates have a countdown clock in every email on the subject (that will be all of them then!).

Buck
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2009, 11:42:49 pm »

BACK TO TOPIC -  I am really BUZZING now!

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2009, 07:11:40 pm »

The buzz is preceeded by tension, will the ACO or agency send you the tickets they promised you?

Once you have your camping passes in your grubby mitts the excitement begins to build.

Has anyone got their TL tickets yet?

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2009, 02:21:35 am »

The Buzz is here at PP Towers, with me at least... The Vekky is booked in for its new steering Juice pipe, Its new outfit has been ordered (Ish) Fancy Hi Vis has been looked into, ferry booked and weather looking good (Fingers crossed)
The thought of sharing a tent with 2 young women is still bothering me....  Wink Evil

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: