Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 01:53:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where's the buzz gone?  (Read 18191 times)
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 03:22:24 am »

Maybe this will get things moving hehe!! Evil

* tailgunnergimp!.jpg (100.63 KB, 500x332 - viewed 380 times.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 03:24:01 am by Lord Pig-Pen » Logged

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2009, 01:33:20 pm »

The buzz is preceeded by tension, will the ACO or agency send you the tickets they promised you?

Once you have your camping passes in your grubby mitts the excitement begins to build.

Trouble is with the ACO that tension is usually followed by "will my group of tickets actually be together or will they have managed to allocate me unusable pitches that straddle a couple of rows because Pierre who marked the pitches out on the ground turned the map around half way through marking them"  Grin

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 01:40:38 pm »

The buzz is preceeded by tension, will the ACO or agency send you the tickets they promised you?

Once you have your camping passes in your grubby mitts the excitement begins to build.

Trouble is with the ACO that tension is usually followed by "will my group of tickets actually be together or will they have managed to allocate me unusable pitches that straddle a couple of rows because Pierre who marked the pitches out on the ground turned the map around half way through marking them"  Grin

I walked through Houx last year and was amazed at some of the marking. Considering the pitches had supposed to be all the same size, the difference in some was unbelievable. Some had trees in the middle or tapered off to a point. Not too good if you turned up in a motor home and found you couldn't park it.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 08:26:22 pm »

I walked through Houx last year and was amazed at some of the marking. Considering the pitches had supposed to be all the same size, the difference in some was unbelievable. Some had trees in the middle or tapered off to a point. Not too good if you turned up in a motor home and found you couldn't park it.

Yes, we had a tree the time we camped on Houx!   
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 08:36:30 pm »

Buzzzzzzzzz, Buzzzzzzz

Tickets are arriving, the weathers getting better (its sunny and warm today) , and I'm putting the car on the drive this weekend to start fiddling with it.
The pounds even got a bit stronger just to help a bit.

Just over 7 weeks!!!!
What kind of car are you taking?

Randy

Its my 87 , E28 528i, nothing special but there wont be many others about.

I'm going to pull the injectors and give them a clean, and do a bit of paintwork.
Excllent,I have always liked Bimmers.
I used to have a 72 2002.What a fun little car.

Randy

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2009, 09:00:16 pm »

Im sure there will be a bit of a buzz from the Liverpool boys this weekend. The rest of the boys are up my way in scotland tomorow for a long weekend. Next time I see them after that we will be in Liverpool loading the bus ready for the trip  Grin Grin Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2009, 09:37:25 pm »

Hey all a buzzin here just keeping it quiet as I've not told the wife yet that I will be away for 8 days at this years L/M instead of the usual 3 days  Grin cant wait! hey has anyone got any ideas on how I should break the news to her? I've been waiting for the right moment which so far has not appeared  Evil
Get her drunk!
Over the years all my Girlfriends and the ex wife were pleased to see me gone for that long... and Lady PP is more than happy to have an all expenses paid 10 day trip. Grin

Like the drunk idea and calling her from the boat...........but on the sunday night ? I think she might notice me slipping off in the motorhome lol  Grin

been there done that doing it again !
NorwayNick

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2009, 07:41:23 am »

im starting to get the Buzz now, had a unimployment issue over my head and was worried i would not make it, but seem to have dodged the bullet at least until December, so now im gettin excited about meeting up with the Liverpool boys in a field in France soon Grin
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2009, 05:52:16 pm »

im starting to get the Buzz now, had a unimployment issue over my head and was worried i would not make it, but seem to have dodged the bullet at least until December, so now im gettin excited about meeting up with the Liverpool boys in a field in France soon Grin

Looking forward to meeting up again Nick  Grin Im not flying down this year though so you cant scare me with horror stories about bits falling off the type of plane im in  Undecided

There was plenty of buzz yesterday,I put the tent up in the garden and met up with the rest of the boys over a pint in their scotish local.

5 weeks 6 days till the off  Grin Grin Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
Douglas
CA Veteran

Cum on hear de noyse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2009, 08:16:44 pm »

What to do what to do?

My usual co-driver has decided, as indeed I had several months ago, that it was not as exciting as it should have been last year and what with le credit crunch, Eurosport will be good enough this year.

However! I have the offer of 3 tickets in ACO stand and those lovely Astons in LMP1, no one to go with, but...........arghhh I can hear the Bells!

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2009, 08:28:48 pm »

What to do what to do?

My usual co-driver has decided, as indeed I had several months ago, that it was not as exciting as it should have been last year and what with le credit crunch, Eurosport will be good enough this year.

However! I have the offer of 3 tickets in ACO stand and those lovely Astons in LMP1, no one to go with, but...........arghhh I can hear the Bells!
Do it.... you know you want to! It will be a good one this year. How could you miss Astons in LMP1. The noise just wont be the same on TV Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Douglas
CA Veteran

Cum on hear de noyse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2009, 08:50:15 pm »

Oh you wicked temptress!

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2009, 09:18:21 am »

Once the LM week has started and reports start to filter back,  you will regret not going.  Trust me I know of what I speak. Back in 2004 after picking up my LM trips again in 2000 I decided not to go,  big mistake!  I had RLM on all of the time, and was like a bear with a sore head,  my wife said,  right thats it you have to go next year I can't put up with this again Grin

JFDI as we say.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2009, 09:49:30 am »

I'm with you there, Geoff.  After our first visit, we reckoned we'd go every other year to keep the budget sensible.  After missing one year and spending the entire time during the build up and on race week, regretting our decision and feeling really depressed about it, we haven't missed since. 

What's more, we then began to take our hols round race week, and enjoyed the Sarthe so much we've now ended up here.  Talk about getting it bad. Roll Eyes

Saturday morning spent in the warm sunshine sitting in Lagache watching the Aston and the P2 Lola zoom past, I am now truly in the mood.  Bring it on.  The buzz has certainly begun at Termite Towers.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2009, 12:58:44 pm »

This will be my ninth consecutive year, it took me a while to work out how to get there but it was CA that gave me all the info I needed. I've not considered missing a year since , strangely though there have been occasions when actually in LM that I've wondered why Ive come! However once the rain stopped and I dried those thoughts rapidly disapear!
Only a few more years and my boy will be old enough to come with me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: