Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 12:14:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 2013  (Read 51207 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 11:57:11 pm »

Phil, no need to book, I just turned up and paid on the day. Its a park and ride from the local airfield so you park there and they bus you in. It does cost to park though, but can't remember how much, something like $10 -15 though. Amelia is a nice day out, some stunning machinery on show.

If you need anymore info, don't forget that Rick Ostman from turn 10 works the show every year, as one of the organisers.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 04:12:55 am »

Having reviewed the website. A bit pricey for my limited budget also a bit of a rush to get to by Sunday.Monday in Orlando will be the start of my Sebring 2013 CA outing.
Phil
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 12:35:52 pm »

Good that I've left Orlando the day before then Phil. Wink

I'll be at Amelia Island on sunday, and drive over to Jupiter on monday to help out the locals there packing things up before we get in line in Tuesday. It will also give me some time to do some necessary shopping.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 12:42:09 pm by LangTall » Logged

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 04:39:29 pm »

Having reviewed the website. A bit pricey for my limited budget also a bit of a rush to get to by Sunday.Monday in Orlando will be the start of my Sebring 2013 CA outing.
Phil

That's a shame   Sad.
Maybe we'll meet up in Daytona during bike week and have a few beers ?

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 02:29:56 pm »

Looks likely that myself, Phil and Smokey will be at Daytona on the Tuesday, so can meet up with you if you are there as well. Staying over on the beach front on Tuesday night and driving down to Sebring on Wednesday morning. Looks likely that a meal at the "Fish on Fire" is on the cards for Monday 11th as well before we head to Daytona either Monday night or Tuesday morning so if anyone else is arriving at MCO on the Monday and wants to join us, then more the merrier !
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 08:32:39 pm »

Looks likely that myself, Phil and Smokey will be at Daytona on the Tuesday, so can meet up with you if you are there as well. Staying over on the beach front on Tuesday night and driving down to Sebring on Wednesday morning. Looks likely that a meal at the "Fish on Fire" is on the cards for Monday 11th as well before we head to Daytona either Monday night or Tuesday morning so if anyone else is arriving at MCO on the Monday and wants to join us, then more the merrier !

Blackened Grouper Sandwich - Highly recommended. 

Aligator nuggets, a little less so...

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 09:14:51 pm »

Arriving in Daytona on Monday late afternoon or evening.
Tuesday evening we'll be in Orlando; NBA game Magic vs Lakers

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2013, 02:45:47 am »

Probably not the best statement to be made when we are going to a place named "Fish on Fire" but I don't like sea food so won't be having anything that came out of the sea ! Hopefully they will have land animal based items on the menu as well.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2013, 09:06:23 am »

Food, who mentioned food? I thought it'd be the start of the drinking!! Should have been well fed by Virgin on the way over :-)
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2013, 03:53:24 pm »

Probably not the best statement to be made when we are going to a place named "Fish on Fire" but I don't like sea food so won't be having anything that came out of the sea ! Hopefully they will have land animal based items on the menu as well.

Good luck with that.... there IS a reason it's called the FISH on Fire.   Evil

Alright...they do have a few other things.  But you should definitely try the Blackened Grouper Sandwich - It's not "Fishy" - in fact, it's quite meaty.....

http://www.fishonfireorlando.com

The menu is on here. 

If you're going to the FOF, there is a game - simple as you like, on the end of the building.  It's a simple game with a piece of string, a ring, and a hook.  The idea is to swing the ring on a string, and hook it on the hook.  Chris - I guarantee you'll be amazing at it - so don't worry about practice.....

The locals like to bet on this game - and they're ALL RUBBISH at it.  Make sure you find one and challenge them to a game - Stick $20 on the table, and boldly state that "there's plenty more where that came from".  You can pay for the cost of your visit easily by betting your spending money on this game.  Never fails.

See you at a gig soon?
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2013, 03:08:49 am »

Food, who mentioned food? I thought it'd be the start of the drinking!! Should have been well fed by Virgin on the way over :-)

So the plan so far is Smokie and I drinking and Chris chewing on Alligator tail  Grin
Brad are you and Ian coming this year or are you just advising from afar ?
Phil
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2013, 10:53:57 pm »

So the plan so far is Smokie and I drinking and Chris chewing on Alligator tail  Grin
Phil
Unfortunatly it's pretty sure that neither Brad or I will make it this year (unless Brad has a secret tunnel plan), we will however be at LM, look forward to meeting up with you there (assuming you will be there).
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2013, 12:12:56 pm »

Phil

As the old man points out below, I don't think I'm going to make it this year - My work life revolves around the UK rail sector, and it has basically been on its knees for the past 5 months.  Its ooking likely that it will all come back to life in late february - and this intense period of activity will last for about 2 months before tailing off....it's basically a case of making hay whilst the sun shines.  I am hoping that if I can get things moving in this little window of activity, it will sort things out for me to attend next year - and maybe pave the way for an appearance elsewhere in the bucket list as well! 

See you at a gig soon?
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 03:18:16 am »

Phil
Unfortunatly it's pretty sure that neither Brad or I will make it this year (unless Brad has a secret tunnel plan), we will however be at LM, look forward to meeting up with you there (assuming you will be there).

Hi Ian and Brad,
                      Pity you can not make it to Sebring but atleast you have seen it during one of the glory periods.
Petit in Atlanta in the autum is another opportunity (if the loto comes through for you Smiley
Yes LM plan in the hands of Tom again.
Phil
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2013, 11:18:52 pm »

Hello all - hope your Sebring plans are all coming together - and am interested to learn who's planning on coming over this year - and if anyone needs any help organizing RV's, colonial beers, airport transfers etc. etc.
I've had a couple of Facebook messages but it would be useful to get a feel for numbers, just out of curiosity.
We have a much reduced presence for 2013 - Dave is driving down from Indy and Seth and I will be taking a (smaller) RV + the usual acoutrements in on Wednesday and staying for the duration this time (rather than heading back to Orlando to pick up stragglers and returning Thursday).
As usual, our grill will be hot and our Nigerian will be frosty cold - it will be a treat to see old friends.
Best wishes to everyone - and sorry for not contributing more on this forum.

By the way - the game of chance that Brad refers to is called the Bimini Ring Toss. Offer to take on Seth for large denomination notes - he too is totally crap at it.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: