Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 11:07:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1037300 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1650 on: May 01, 2008, 06:09:27 pm »

Shame the Commer is not yet fully awake, if she were she could join her cousins huffing and weezing down at Eastbourne this weekend.

http://www.magnificentmotors.co.uk/

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: May 02, 2008, 12:26:43 am »

Andy,how did the repairs to the Commer go this weekend?

I'm afraid Randy that sunshine, a game of golf, the demon drink and women all intervened and prevented any Commerly activities this weekend. But I'm hoping to make a start really soon, honestly I am.
Hmmm..
You seem to be slacking in your duties Mr Zarse....
My revival of the Silver Brick took me far less time than was expected and only a 10mm socket, pozi driver and tyre pump were needed. Mot next week Roll Eyes
Distractions such as sunshine, golf, booze and womanising are all valid excuses but photographic evidence may be required to validate;D
The Commer in Twyford I posted back along is owned by some total vermin.... approach with caution! A polite enquiry with a neighbour the other afternoon as to who owned it was met with a very hostile response and some language that could have been the "bleeps" from a televised Chubby Brown show.
They also own the MK1 Granada Hearse and early Mk2 Granada that the Commer now resides near to.
Terrible shame really, I would buy the Hearse if they were civilised enough to hold a conversation without calling me the C word..... Sad

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: May 02, 2008, 02:15:12 pm »

... Its like sending your girlfriend who you truelly love to Lemans to camp with DFH by HER SELF. Shocked

But nowhere near as bad as sending her to LM to camp with The Brethren by herself.    Roll Eyes Wink

Dx

At least she is guaranteed to see FIREWORKS !   Grin

As will Green Park next year coz guess what..........they're coming to Sebring!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cool Cool Cool
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 05, 2008, 02:57:45 pm »

So, with a weekend of balmy breezes and sunshine, I wonder if Mr Z has been hard it sectioning the bowels of the Commer, or whether sun, golf, booze and women have distracted him from the task in hand?

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: May 05, 2008, 03:01:29 pm »

So, with a weekend of balmy breezes and sunshine, I wonder if Mr Z has been hard it sectioning the bowels of the Commer, or whether sun, golf, booze and women have distracted him from the task in hand?

MG Mark
One would hope the Commer has had the attention she needs but such nice weather can lead to distractions Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: May 05, 2008, 04:43:17 pm »

That is GREAT news.
Looking forward to showing them American culture at its finest.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: May 05, 2008, 06:01:36 pm »

Andy,how did things go with the van 'THIS'weekend?

Surely you ddid not go boozing and womanizing again this weekend.

Your Friend
Randy Prewett
"of Welsh decent"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: May 06, 2008, 09:30:33 am »

Your Friend
Randy Prewett
"of Welsh decent"

Randy, when I mentioned that "women" had previously stopped me getting to work on the Commer, it wasn't so much "womanising", more to do with getting some gardening done, you know, putting hanging baskets up etc.  Embarrassed  No matter, in between domestic chores yes I did manage to get stuck into the old bird (and I mean the Commer, not the GF). I dragged her out of her winter death pit with the Subaru, and she also started up first time. The battery had held it's charge all winter. The clutch slave cylinder had been forced to the end of it's travel and as the little rubber dirt seal had perished the end of the cylinder was a touchon the corroded side; it had jammed solid. It required a trip to the shed to be gripped in the vice, where I struck it firmly with a large mallet, where it eventually saw sense and returned to position A. Reassembly was easy, and i thought that upon bleeding the system I'd have a functioning and roadworthy vehicle.   Smiley Well nothing is that simple with the Commer  Angry and the master cylinder has decided to stop cylindering and to play silly buggers. So there we are; two steps forward, one step backwards.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: May 06, 2008, 04:53:41 pm »

Your Friend
Randy Prewett
"of Welsh decent"

, more to do with getting some gardening done, you know, putting hanging baskets up etc. 

LOL

Well thats a fine start anyway.Do you think it might be time for a new slave cyl. and clutch disc[could be why the slave was pushed past its limits].Sorry I can not help with any parts for that thing,but I can at least supply some moral support,as well as the occasional prodding.
I hope you arew having a wonderful day.
By the way how are the brothers of yours?

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: May 06, 2008, 05:24:15 pm »

Support is welcome mate, and I changed the clutch plate a few years ago, so it's fine for the next forty years or so. But I still can't help feeling it might soon be time to pass on the magical mantle of Commeric ownership to new blood.

You wanted to know how the Zarse Brothers are? Well, you need to speak to Lord Pigpen, he and Lady PP experienced the Gimp first hand at Rusty's house and she's not yet recovered from the vigourous dry humping she received. I hear he was very badly behaved.

Paul is busy not returning telephone calls, but that's what happens if you support Charlton Athletic who gloriously failed to make the play-offs.

Chris the Suicide Bomber has been keeping his head down a bit, but we suspect him of committing a gross act of matrimony.  Shocked He took his GF away for the weekend to a posh hotel in Devon. He never told no one he was going neither. It's all very suspicious, me and Gimp think he put his ring on her finger and I'm looking forward to giving him a good pumping later to extract the info out of him...

Anyway, we'll all be at Le Mans and that's the main thing. Sure we can't tempt you over for the full Zarse Experience?

PS Here's the pic you took two years ago!

* randypic1.jpg (419.16 KB, 2272x1704 - viewed 306 times.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 05:42:33 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: May 07, 2008, 09:47:06 am »

Andy,

Well done for resisting temptations of the flesh and finding that the solution is just resolving a master cylinder and slave cylinder issue rather than an engine out job.  The rssolve to rid yourself of the Commer is weakening nicley having moved from a "to the scrappies" stance to one of "maybe it's time".  Once you've successfully undertaken the straightforward job of sorting both ends of the clutch hydraulics out, it'll be back to it's normal equilibrium.  Hurrah, so crack on with it my dear chap, life just wouldn't be the same without the annual lurid tales of the Commer's awakening, MOT test, and run to La Sarthe and back Grin

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: May 07, 2008, 10:04:20 pm »

Love the number plate Mr Z.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1662 on: May 13, 2008, 04:26:19 pm »

Found this on the web,

another commer. - Nice dented swing side door.

I think the guy who worked on the van, lives behind the van! (same colour yellow)

* commer BT.jpg (70.49 KB, 600x473 - viewed 325 times.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 04:28:20 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: May 13, 2008, 04:34:53 pm »

How times change. That one has a post through the roof and yours, which is obviously a lot newer, has a cherry picker. Cor the wonders of the modern world Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1664 on: May 13, 2008, 04:43:17 pm »

no

just health and safety.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: