Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 02:54:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1034779 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: February 09, 2006, 11:44:23 am »

Steve, I think Gib's been curled up asleep in his nesting box in the back of the Commer these last three months. The sudden sunshine yesterday must have awoken him. I just hope he hasn't wet the bed!  Wink

Nice to hear from you Gib. Must have a planning beer soon.

Cheers Andy & Steve.  Life still very hectic with little time to spare.  Just moved in with new lady, still in Pound Hill.  When will I come to my senses?Huh??

Planning beer sounds good Andy, and no I did not wet the bed whilst nesting in the Commer.  nice of you to let me stay while though   Grin Grin Grin

Sounds like I'm defo gonna have to replace the springs and shockers now! I'll give you a call mate and we can meet up soon.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 09, 2006, 11:49:26 am »

Being another local lad, Maidenbower to be exact, can anyone come to the west sussex planning meeting where I presume, the finer points of commer motoring are discussed?

I certainly can't see why not, it would be great to see you again. I can get Chris Zarse along, he's just moved to Maidenbower too. Have you noticed any pets going missing yet? Gib, would "The Offspring"  (your phrase!) do the taxi thing again?

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 09, 2006, 11:53:36 am »

Being another local lad, Maidenbower to be exact, can anyone come to the west sussex planning meeting where I presume, the finer points of commer motoring are discussed?

I certainly can't see why not, it would be great to see you again. I can get Chris Zarse along, he's just moved to Maidenbower too. Have you noticed any pets going missing yet? Gib, would "The Offspring"  (your phrase!) do the taxi thing again?

Andy...... Bit tricky being as we live in separate houses now.  Might I suggest that as the majority are in Maidenbower/Pound Hill (where the pubs are not quite so good) you could perhaps travel?

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 09, 2006, 11:58:35 am »

Yes, no problem, I was intending to travel, but I just thought we could maybe do a pub crawl of some of the fine country pubs in the area, eg Cowdray, a couple in Turners Hill, White Hart, Royal Oak in Ardingly, Half Moon Warninglid, etc etc etc. Just an idea?

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 09, 2006, 12:36:11 pm »

Don't know if you've been in the Cowdray recently, but it's not what it used to be!!

That's a hell of bloody pub crawl you're suggesting.  Damn thing would take all day and a multitude of taxis  Shocked

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: February 09, 2006, 01:11:50 pm »

I used to lve in that area (Salfords) any pub crawl we went on always ended up in "The Parsons Pig" on the Balcombe Road. Not a bad place in those days and full of pissed trolly dollies out for a good time away from their gay male colleagues. Many a happy evening was spent in there.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 09, 2006, 01:22:42 pm »

I used to lve in that area (Salfords) any pub crawl we went on always ended up in "The Parsons Pig" on the Balcombe Road. Not a bad place in those days and full of pissed trolly dollies out for a good time away from their gay male colleagues. Many a happy evening was spent in there.

Hey Bob, just up the road from me.  Parsons Pig is now an annex to some sort of travell inn........... Huh  No idea what the beer is like these days, but I think the trolly dollies now go to the Froghole farm on Maidenbower.  But then again I could be out of date with that..............

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1177 on: February 09, 2006, 01:37:49 pm »

Not many trollie dollies in the frogshole farm now, its a bit of a dive, but it has just changed landlord so it may be getting better.

I met my wife in the Parsons Pig many years ago, used to be a favorite place along with the Shipley Bridge. Both are now a shadow of there former selves and best avoided

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 09, 2006, 01:45:15 pm »

I always thought "The Pig" would end up as a stay and park type of place what with all the land at the back, but what a noisy place to try and get some kip if the aircraft are taking off East to West .Sat in the garden some Sunday lunch times and you couldn't hear yourself think when they hit full power on there take off run:o
 We used to use the Flight Tavern a lot too when the son was young as he loved to watch the planes taking off, I suppose that is ruined now too. That place must be on the list to be demolished if the second runway goes ahead
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:55:31 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 09, 2006, 02:40:50 pm »

I suppose we could do central Crawley? It's improved of late, if you hadn't noticed, what with trendy places like the JaJa Bar and the new tapas place. It's now possible to go out in the evening without having your head kicked inside out. No guarantees of course.  Smiley

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 09, 2006, 04:31:17 pm »

I suppose we could do central Crawley? It's improved of late, if you hadn't noticed, what with trendy places like the JaJa Bar and the new tapas place. It's now possible to go out in the evening without having your head kicked inside out. No guarantees of course.  Smiley

that's a distinct possibility

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 09, 2006, 06:39:16 pm »

When are you chaps thinking of? Any chance of the spare room Andy??  Smiley
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 09, 2006, 08:09:50 pm »

No dates yet but keep you posted Mark. Rooms available on "first come" basis. Actually, I'll rephrase that if Chris Z is staying.  Wink

Would be nice to it on the day before they all go to Sebring on 15th, but regretably I go to India on the 14th  Sad
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 08:18:21 pm by A Zarse esq » Logged

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 10, 2006, 09:22:59 am »

When are you chaps thinking of?

Hi Mark

I'm pretty easy really (Yes I know we all know that!!!) and it'd be good to see you again.  Met any more celeb's recently?

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: February 10, 2006, 09:02:51 pm »

Any chance of the spare room Andy

Spare room?   Is the Commer full then?

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: