Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 04:39:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: complaints? Le Mans?????  (Read 20066 times)
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 05:05:53 pm »

I've never been asked to turn my music down because I never play it at inappropriate volumes. That will change of course when I take my new 500W JBL speakers next time  Wink
Do I hear some envy in these sentences? Grin

Turn that bloody film down!  Grin Grin

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
keithk
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 05:45:46 pm »

The one that narked me was the tosser wheelspinning round the campsite at 4am one morning - not so much because of the noise more because it was blooming dangerous, there were tents pitched four feet from where he was spinning and I doubt that he was sober.  Fun is one thing - endangering others safety is something different.  

I slept with ear plugs and ear defenders on at night and managed to get pretty good sleep - the other advantage being I couldn't hear myself snoring!   But anyway, I wouldn't change it for the world.  The place is fab - if you don't want to experience the atmosphere stay home and watch the coverage on the telly!  

And your point proved when Jase got knocked down by the car on Sunday!!!
If anyone was up and about  about 5 ish on MB and saw a car speeding arround the camp site let Jase know he has made report with the BIB and needs to back it up for his insurance claim..
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 07:08:48 pm »

We might have been noisy (even though I dissaproved most times exept for Friday-(party)night), but knocking someone over while speeding in a car on Maison Blanche is way over the top. That's police work Angry

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
20VT
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2005, 05:04:45 am »

This was my first trip to Le Mans and I fully expected the music and people partying into the early hours, needless to say our group joined in with the fun and a great time was had by us all. Grin

Some actions though were IMHO a bit out of order Angry

People deciding that racing mini bikes / quads and Cars arround the campsite when they are pissed is a good idea and the setting off of fireworks when drunk (a tent near to us was  destroyed when a rocket fell over on launching).

Yes we should all have fun and indeed we should do our best to get pissed. I feel however that a previous poster had a piont when he suggested that someone may soon get hurt
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2005, 09:44:36 am »

I was up and about on our site around 0500 I found two French lads riffling through Stu's site, they got well f*cked off, there were about 5 of them in total minging around, then shortly after they smashed a side window on an Audi A4, the guy whose car it was chased after them and reported them to security who really were not interested, but he was told that the speeding car had been stolen a short time before
some couple of hours that was. Angry Angry

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2005, 10:14:33 am »

Right that's enough of a warning then - I'll add the electricity to the top of our fence then. Maybe turn on at night with a polite warning notice in English (and French)... Sad

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2005, 11:51:14 am »

well the golden triangle was remarkably unbothered by the noise.We were making too much of our own to hear it!
I did manage to get a good nights sleep on saturday.I put radio LM on in my headphones and when i woke on sunday,it was still on in my headphones.Can I class that as listening to the full race?
PM
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2005, 12:47:09 pm »

It's a shame too hear more than the usall level of complaints, maybe its the high level of expectation that we have set on this site. But thats what we'er about is'nt it? Having a good time and promoting it, not nannying about. I always thought ladies at Le Mans needed to be quite hardy and be prepared to accept it for what is was (the reason my wife chooses not to come), and there did seem to be more about this year.
The fact is that the more popoular CA gets the bigger the range of comments and feed back we will get good and bad.

We certanly had a great time, the company was exceptional and we had a great time, It was a shame that we missed JPC's party cos we were knackered from the through the night drive due to our ferry being late (so much so that even Paddys speakers were not a problem) but that was the only disapointment - roll on next year Grin Grin
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2005, 01:20:48 pm »

I always thought ladies at Le Mans needed to be quite hardy and be prepared to accept it for what is was (the reason my wife chooses not to come), and there did seem to be more about this year.

It's like Guide camp but with cars, men and alcohol - what's not to like?  Huh Huh Grin

I only got flashed at once though - that was quite disappointing!  Wink
20VT
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2005, 02:23:34 pm »

Good god my first post on the board and it was in a complaints section Embarrassed I am not generally a moaner and do consider myself to be tolerant of others (most of the time).

I suppose I am a bit shocked that some of the behaviour I saw about the campsite (Houx Annexe). It was not the drinking, singing, playing of music and generators (although the noisy old diesel genny must have been a pain to be near) I expected all of this and joined into the spirit of it all. It was the racing about the campsite with bikes scooters and cars that was thoughtless.

This first trip to Le Mans for me was in general fantastic. Arnage on Friday was great so many nice cars and nice people. The Racing was spectacular and the evening partying was also good fun

Our group are already planning for next year.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2005, 02:35:09 pm »

Apart from the red wine incident, we dont complain, although one of the DFH lads asked us to be quiest on sunday night as he was sleeping Huh

I asked PAddy if this was true and he looked embarressed ?

None of the girls in my group would complain, otherwise they dont go next year. Same for the boys too. And me.  Cheesy

Take life by the horns and live it.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2005, 04:22:53 pm »

But thats what we'er about is'nt it? Having a good time and promoting it, not nannying about.

There is the problem, for some its pouring red wine into cars, squirting water into peoples faces, running gennys all day and night, racing round the campsites on scooters etc, being abusive to others around you.

This was my 25th year on a campsite at LM (do I get a medal?) and in most ways it has not changed, the music, drinking and fireworks where going on back in the 80's, and is a big part of why we choose to stay on the sites we do. What has changed is the reaction from a minority of people if you make a reasonable request, they become abusive and threatening.

By far and away the majority of people we meet are great, and this year was no exception, however and it is a big one, there are now some people on the sites who could not care about others and the impact there actions have on them, and I suspect they are the same at home.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2005, 05:10:38 pm »

I agree it's no good complaining about the high spirts in some people.  For those that don't like it then an off site camp is the place to be.  

But those that pour red wine in to cars,   Scrawl obsenities in the dust on peoples cars, Hurl abuse at people just cos they drive a car they don't like  are the ones that should be someplace other than Le Mans.

When the Jags won in 1988 my girl friend said
"You can't go down the Hunaudier Bar in that." (A Porsche T Shirt).  
"Why not" I asked,  
"You'll get lynched".
"Nah" I said.

Sure enough no problem.  In fact while we were there the Porsche Team Trucks drove by on the return home. They got a great cheer from the Brits.   IMO thats because without Porsche in the Race the victory whould have ment much less.

My guess is it's always been the same.  But these days we get to hear more tails since we have the forum.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2005, 08:39:58 pm »

Apart from the red wine incident, we dont complain, although one of the DFH lads asked us to be quiest on sunday night as he was sleeping Huh

I asked PAddy if this was true and he looked embarressed ?

None of the girls in my group would complain, otherwise they dont go next year. Same for the boys too. And me.  Cheesy
That was prolly Hanno, who slept in the car standing besides your campsite. But he prolly wont join us next year. Wink

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2005, 09:43:57 pm »

There is a difference between types of behaviour.  Personally I have no objection to the music etc, although I think consideration should be given if the vast majority of people on the campsite are in their tents sleeping.  What does irritate me is when people return to their tents very late, when everybody is asleep and the site quiet, and then proceed to appear to create as much noise as possible music with music as loud as possible etc.

The other behaviour I don;t like is that which presents a danger to others, this includes some of the antics with fireworks, where for two years in a row I have seen fireworks released inappropriately and have promptly shot through a tent.  It also includes those who drive like idiots through a campsite, whether on a motprbike, car, mini-scooter or as I witnessed this year Audi Shuttle vehicle.  Those in charge of vehicles should release that many people are wandering around campsites worse for wear and oftn with headphones or ear plugs in!

However in the majority of cases most people attending are considerate, friendly and willing to offer help.

When we got to the campsite the first thing the people opposite did was give us a cold beer, as that was required before putting the tent up.  When they realised we hadn;t been to supermarket on the way down, they gave us a crate of beer for the night, and we replaced it once we had been shopping.

Le Mans is an experience and nosie is to be expected.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: