Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 10:46:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 classic  (Read 46252 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2006, 07:52:56 pm »

No Grand Marnier Sad Looks like we will have to drag the cooking gear along and get the crepes made ourselves (tried them at home with a Terrys Chocolate Orange melted into them over christmas-mmmmmmmmm yummy!)

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2006, 08:12:13 pm »

Strange you should say that, we've just added a crepe pan to the camping kit to go with the waffle iron  Grin

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2006, 07:53:52 pm »

Waffles too! should be some sweet smells on MB this july then (cue the obvious jokes)

Dick Dasterdly was right
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2006, 09:14:39 pm »

Oh yes!!  We're in danger of turning this into a cooking thread but... old fashioned waffle iron and the coleman petrol cooker - absolutely fantastic!!! 

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2006, 12:29:01 pm »

Oh yes!!  We're in danger of turning this into a cooking thread but... old fashioned waffle iron and the coleman petrol cooker - absolutely fantastic!!! 

Club Arnage - The home of wafflers!

Has anyone made a temporary oven at LM, there a few nice recipies I'd like to try out, slow roasted Hedgehog anyone?? Dad swears by it! Tongue

Dick Dasterdly was right
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2006, 12:40:25 pm »

On a more serious note. This months Classic and Sportscar landed on my doorstep last week. The 2006 Official Reader Run is to the LM Classic.
The price is very amusing. They are on the same ferries as us, the same campsite and have the same ticket package/paddock pass/grandstand seating etc. The only thing that differs from what me and my pals are doing is a quick look around the National Motor museum  (about £5 per head?), A ticket for the Musee de La Sarthe (5 euros?), a champers reception with some grub on the sat night and a BBQ on Sunday night. The price £439 per person Shocked Shocked!!
  Considering that our  trip cost us just £148 per head that leaves £291 per head to get into 2 museums and spend on Mumm on the Sat night. We are going to be bol****sed.
 I did not realise how much these companies made.

Dick Dasterdly was right
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2006, 03:13:05 pm »

LOL!!! Home of wafflers - I like that - sounds like a good logo - can anyone manage the latin on it?  Grin

With regard to ovens - there is a Coleman oven that is apparently not too bad - I'm not sure you can source it in the UK but look here http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=10591&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults   
I've got a feeling that it folds up so doesn't take up much space.    Basspro are good, if you put an order in and ask them to contact you with the shipping price you can decide whether it's worth it or not. 

We've got a weber "go anywhere" charcoal BBQ with a lid and we were discussing this morning that we should be able to use that as an oven with a little bit of thought.   We managed a roast rib of beef on the Carrefour BBQ with a lid last year!

BTW Shocked If someone wants to pay over £300 for a trip to the Classic - we can fit someone else in and will gladly take their money!!! 

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2006, 01:34:04 pm »

Nah I was thinking more along the lines of the Pikey version, hot bricks and grass sods etc. but witha modern twist, drop a gas burner in the bottom and get it all nice and hot. Slap in your rosbif, some yorkies and some roast veggies and serve it up on nice crisp linen with a nice bottle of red. Camping with style MMMMMMMM!

Dick Dasterdly was right
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2006, 01:38:10 pm »

Nah I was thinking more along the lines of the Pikey version, hot bricks and grass sods etc

First, steal your bricks

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2006, 05:29:08 pm »

Nah I was thinking more along the lines of the Pikey version, hot bricks and grass sods etc

First, steal your bricks

LOL!!   Actually you've got us thinking here???  Biscuit tin ovens - used to make them when I was a girl guide.  So as well as being in charge of shower construction over the winter Happy Snapper is now in charge of oven building as well!!

BTW - doesn't everyone use linen tablecloths when camping?  Grin
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2006, 06:13:48 pm »

...BTW - doesn't everyone use linen tablecloths when camping?  Grin

Remind me closer to the time and I'll snatch mum's Damask tablecloth and linen set Tongue

Wooosh!!!!
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2006, 07:52:31 pm »

We try to use fresh linen when camping but the Corby trouser press takes up a awfull lot of room, sacrifices sometimes have to be made.

Dick Dasterdly was right
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2006, 07:58:39 pm »

We've got some very high quality plastic flowers from the market in the centre of Le Mans!!! 

Jason - we need to do some work on the vase for this year - the beer bottle kept falling over!  It needs some gravel from one of the gravel trips I think!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2006, 08:16:36 pm »

We try to use fresh linen when camping but the Corby trouser press takes up a awfull lot of room, sacrifices sometimes have to be made.
Look, the last thing we want at Le Mans is Extreme Ironing.  Most of us are still trying to cope with "Extreme Barbecuing" and "Extreme Drinking"

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2006, 08:42:34 pm »

Look, the last thing we want at Le Mans is Extreme Ironing.  Most of us are still trying to cope with "Extreme Barbecuing" and "Extreme Drinking"

yeah you're right Lorry, I'm not sure the lampost that the power comes off of on MB could cope with the iron AND my hairdryer!! 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: