Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 12:11:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snow!!!!  (Read 53600 times)
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2009, 08:36:03 am »

I don't think I will be working today!!!!!!

Down in the south here we have had about 8" of snow so far and it's still chucking it down.......hows everybody doing with the white stuff.

The dog thinks it's great fun ....running round the garden a 90mph Grin

Wishy
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 09:23:23 am »

Glad to hear the dog's enjoying it! Not much here in South Wales as I write this, just a light dusting. Forecast is for conditions to deteriorate significantly overnight so we'll see tomorrow. I can see the traffic jams already........

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:35:12 am »

Glad to see you haven't gone metric Wishy Grin

Only light covering around Oxford area, hardly worth the effort to call it snow really, main roads are clear.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 09:45:29 am »

About 3 inches here in bracknell with bucket loads more still falling.  No work for me today.  My boss very kindly called me and told me to stay home and watch daytime tv.  Top bloke!

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 09:56:50 am »

Same here- Supposed to be working in London but have abandoned the attempt to get their from here (Portsmouth area).

Update- just heard that the Local Authority in North London  that I am supposed to be working for has told their staff to stay at home.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:23:01 pm by Black Granny » Logged

Mines a Gin & Tonic
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 10:21:03 am »

Chandlers Ford all snowed in.

All the schools have been closed.

Kids disappeared about an hour ago for a major snow ball fight  Grin

Crouch..........bind..........set
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 10:30:07 am »

Well, I work in a school in South London, so I thought I would be clever. I got up at 5 AM and left just before 6 AM (I usually leave at 7 AM).

The pics below show the overnight snow on the car. I cleared it all off and was almost at the School when I got a call from the Head telling me they were going to close for the day because no one could get in  Shocked

Wimps I say, I would have made it, why couldn't they?

Just as an aside, the snow seems to have made a Monkey in the tree in my garden  Cheesy

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 10:34:07 am »

Just spent 1:30 driving for one side of Reading to the other and back normally only takes about 20 mins. 

Mostly saw people being very cautious.    But plenty of idiots about.  Mostly Pedestrians crossing on a red man light. 
But the best was the complete jerk that followed me down a hill about 2mm from my rear bumper.    He did back off once he saw me go sideways. Cheesy

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 10:51:33 am »

About 6" in my village - still made it to the tube station in Epping and then managed to get a whole 4 stops before they canceled the trains...

Had the time of my life doing handbrake turns in a very empty carpark and have now come home to try to do a bit of work. angel

Very funny watching people trying to drive in snow; living in Montreal for a bit and Sarajevo for a bit longer has meant that I am ok with it; in Essex even the 4x4's were getting stuck!
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 11:13:43 am »

Not even a flake has fallen up here in south west scotland. Clear blue skies and just a hint of frost on the van wind screen this morning. 2 upvc front doors fitted and 2 to go and im almost done for the day Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 11:43:20 am »

Not even a flake has fallen up here in south west scotland. Clear blue skies and just a hint of frost on the van wind screen this morning. 2 upvc front doors fitted and 2 to go and im almost done for the day Grin

Mike
Just a light dusting in North Lincs but heading off to Queensferry tomorrow morning then meetings in Broxburn and Glasgow on Wednesday. Even if its a foot deep (304.8mm for you pedants) then I'm going. Not one to be beaten by a bit of white stuff.
Looking to book my flights today so I'll keep in touch.

I tested negative for patience.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 01:59:27 pm »

Mike Just a light dusting in North Lincs but heading off to Queensferry tomorrow morning then meetings in Broxburn and Glasgow on Wednesday. Even if its a foot deep (304.8mm for you pedants) then I'm going. Not one to be beaten by a bit of white stuff. Looking to book my flights today so I'll keep in touch.

An old boy from the village im working in stopped and reckons its 'feels like snow' and sure enough there is some dodgey looking clouds gathering.
Steve.After a discussion with the rest of the liverpool boys over a pint i think we're going for the whole week now. Ade(ajw) is flying from leeds on thursday though.

mal
CA Veteran

We are the Flying Baguettes!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 02:27:35 pm »

Mostly saw people being very cautious.    But plenty of idiots about.  Mostly Pedestrians crossing on a red man light. 
But the best was the complete jerk that followed me down a hill about 2mm from my rear bumper.    He did back off once he saw me go sideways. Cheesy

t.

I was out this morning in my 4WD Navarra and a guy in a large van pulled up an inch behind. I just pulled over and let him go some people have no sense.

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 03:05:39 pm »

Mike Just a light dusting in North Lincs but heading off to Queensferry tomorrow morning then meetings in Broxburn and Glasgow on Wednesday. Even if its a foot deep (304.8mm for you pedants) then I'm going. Not one to be beaten by a bit of white stuff. Looking to book my flights today so I'll keep in touch.

An old boy from the village im working in stopped and reckons its 'feels like snow' and sure enough there is some dodgey looking clouds gathering.
Steve.After a discussion with the rest of the liverpool boys over a pint i think we're going for the whole week now. Ade(ajw) is flying from leeds on thursday though.
So we'll see you on MB under the flourescent light then?

I tested negative for patience.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 03:15:50 pm »

We're on bleu nord again this year. We got bumped there last year and were pleasantly surprised so we're stickin to what we know. The lamp will be there burning away for us to find our way back to camp though. Back on topic and those dodgey looking clouds have left us and the sun is out again. Im just standing thinkin the van could do with a wash to put the sest of my day in,roll on half 4 Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: