Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 03:52:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snow!!!!  (Read 53582 times)
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 03:50:46 pm »

Camden Town under 6-82. Quite funnyn watchin girl in a Merk SLK thingy trying to get up a 1/100 slope by flooring the throttle in first.
Someone kindly told her to put it in 2nd and try to go slowly.
Frightening that so many people in high powered cars have never driven in snow before.
I'm at work but may as well not be.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 03:58:19 pm »

What Toby says about handbrake turns

I live in a cul-de-sac and normally have to three point turn to get out of it (Mrs parks away from the main road for whatever reasons seem to matter to her, bless her)

But joy oh joy nothing in the turn aroundy bit so I had great pleasure turning around by way of momentum and a delicate tad of handybrake

Sooper  Evil

and yes

I agree little things and little minds, but oh the freedom for a minute or so to just have bloody good fun...

only two or three inches yet, but things just have to get better, much more promised for later

(Yes again, the joy of retirement and no blooming work to go to)

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 04:09:09 pm »

I'm particularly pleased today after my wonderful ABS decided to steer me into a bollard whilst I mildly touched the brakes as I was rounding a corner at approximately 20 miles per hour

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 04:11:58 pm »

Job in Oxfordshire canned, battening down the hatches and working from home  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 04:36:52 pm »

It's a hard life Steve...

having fun in the snow is no substitute for working one's roe out is it?

Wink

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 04:51:53 pm »

Guernsey at a standstill this morning, 7-8 inches, got a call from the boss not to go in so went up the road to the park with the camera. Rest of the day been nodding off in front of the TV and designing a mountain bike companies team shirts.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 07:05:23 pm »

nice. a bit of snow and the whole country is handicapped Wink

my flights got cancelled, so no UK for me until saturday (if it isn't snowing that is Smiley )
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 09:58:55 pm »

I rang work at 7 and left amessage saying i was not going to Andover and would be in Rommsey after the rush hour twats had all crashed or got o work..
Got the call at 10 to say dont bother as both offices had been closed.
Spent the day touring the forest taking pics and had lunch in Lymington watching the fishing boats coming in.
Regarding idiots.... my got there are some total bell ends out there.
We were overtaken by a white van on a road that could only be driven if you knew where the tarmac was as it was all out of site under the snow and level with the forest either side.Moron. Sad

Today was the first day that I had really used the Traction and ABS on the £400 Vecky V6. I can report that both work as they should and we had no incidents apart from a little torque steer drifting? trying to get up the hill from Pig Pen Towers.

Hope it freezes tonite as another day of pic taking in the forest will be fun Grin

PP

Oh... and Lady PP was loving every minute of it as snow is not that common in Tasmania. Bless her.

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 12:14:09 am »

... Vecky V6. ...

Mine was written off today. Not for the reasons you might think.

Weeks ago I was taking stuff to the dump and spilt about half a jar of creosote in it. They are quoting £3800 to fix, which makes it a write off.

Probably a boring Mondeo for next car - 2.2 TDCI Titanium X if I can find one...
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 01:19:21 am »

3 inches in Emsworth and 6 inches in Chertsey. (I was in Emsworth, the wife in Chertsey Evil).

Didn't touch the car as there are too many suicidal morons out there even though it's a 4x4.

No work so went for a walk and twisted my back! Embarrassed

Had an email today offering me 50% of a Driving in Snow DVD with £3.50 postage total cost £11.50.
By the time it would have arrived, it would be summer.

Quite a few 4x4's in the hedges and ditches, all because the twats dont know how to drive them (V8LR's) and all on road tyres.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 01:22:39 am by Leftie » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 01:23:31 am »

... Vecky V6. ...

Mine was written off today. Not for the reasons you might think.

Weeks ago I was taking stuff to the dump and spilt about half a jar of creosote in it. They are quoting £3800 to fix, which makes it a write off.

Probably a boring Mondeo for next car - 2.2 TDCI Titanium X if I can find one...
Any Buy back chance.... ? I would be interested... I like the smell of Creosote too!!
PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 02:06:03 am »

can't understand all the commotion; simple easy drive off the forest into Southampton for my PET/CT Scan today and an equally trouble free drive back, one abandoned car with a flat tyre.  That's the trouble with southerners, a few centimeters of snow and you'd think we had a visitation from god.  BTW the roads were snow free.
The roads from PP towers were like skating rink and private and un gritted, the hill to civilisation was compacted snow and ice. Bless the Veckys Traction control for the chattery uphill climb.
She! Evil has just found all the work keys for the pub in her coat so the cleaner wont be able to get in... looks like ice road Pig Pen will be out at 6 am testing the Vekky's stickability again.She is apologising....  19 to the dozen. Grin

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 04:40:22 am »

Well, I work in a school in South London, so I thought I would be clever. I got up at 5 AM and left just before 6 AM (I usually leave at 7 AM).

The pics below show the overnight snow on the car. I cleared it all off and was almost at the School when I got a call from the Head telling me they were going to close for the day because no one could get in  Shocked

Wimps I say, I would have made it, why couldn't they?

Just as an aside, the snow seems to have made a Monkey in the tree in my garden  Cheesy

Hi Mr Invisible,
                   That is what my car looks like atleast once a week. I do like you Snow Monkey though  Grin
 Canada Phil
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 04:47:09 am »

I'm particularly pleased today after my wonderful ABS decided to steer me into a bollard whilst I mildly touched the brakes as I was rounding a corner at approximately 20 miles per hour
Hi Robspot,
                The throttle can be your friend. ABS is a real hiderance in the snow IMHO.
 Canada Phil
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 04:49:48 am »

What Toby says about handbrake turns

I live in a cul-de-sac and normally have to three point turn to get out of it (Mrs parks away from the main road for whatever reasons seem to matter to her, bless her)

But joy oh joy nothing in the turn aroundy bit so I had great pleasure turning around by way of momentum and a delicate tad of handybrake

Sooper  Evil

and yes

I agree little things and little minds, but oh the freedom for a minute or so to just have bloody good fun...

only two or three inches yet, but things just have to get better, much more promised for later

(Yes again, the joy of retirement and no blooming work to go to)

bill
Hi Bill,
        How about Ice Racing. Sounds as though you would like it.
Canada Phil
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: