Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 06:22:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snow!!!!  (Read 54724 times)
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 04:56:26 am »

... Vecky V6. ...

Mine was written off today. Not for the reasons you might think.

Weeks ago I was taking stuff to the dump and spilt about half a jar of creosote in it. They are quoting £3800 to fix, which makes it a write off.

Probably a boring Mondeo for next car - 2.2 TDCI Titanium X if I can find one...
Hi Smokie,
              What a shame that was a great car. The wheat fields of France wipping past at 130 mph is a memory i will always cherish angel
Phil
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 10:20:18 am »

Hiya Phil, Hope you're well.

French roads 130mph, ... Smokie?

No I just cant believe it....

And Ice Racing sounds the business, especially if it means I get to share the tracks and trails with proper drivers instead of the average "Brit Moron" pillocks who have brain freeze at the sight of the lovely white stuff.

(and now I'm off for a .....walk with Rory Springer)

see ya

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 11:17:50 am »

... Vecky V6. ...

Weeks ago I was taking stuff to the dump and spilt about half a jar of creosote in it. They are quoting £3800 to fix, which makes it a write off.

Probably a boring Mondeo for next car - 2.2 TDCI Titanium X if I can find one...
Hi Smokie,
              What a shame that was a great car. The wheat fields of France wipping past at 130 mph is a memory i will always cherish angel
Phil

No, I'm sure he meant 130 kmph - Officer  Wink

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 12:11:18 pm »

FWIW, during this cold snap, it said on the TV news this morning that it would be a good idea to check up on your neighbours to make sure they're alright.

My 87 year old neighbour hasn't been round to see me even once, and the selfish bone idle old witch hasn't even bothered to take in her milk for the last two weeks. Some people!  Angry

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 12:30:00 pm »

Another day off for me.... cant get out as the hill is impassable even to 4WD. Lucklily the Micra was abandoned at the other end and has proved to be a fine snow chariot.
Walking to the pub to drop off the keys was rather pleasant, as was coffee and brandy at 9.30 followed by bacon and egg rolls.
She has to be at work at 12 so it would be rude not to keep her company.
I see today becoming rather Guinessy Grin
PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 12:32:51 pm »

can't understand all the commotion; simple easy drive off the forest into Southampton for my PET/CT Scan today and an equally trouble free drive back, one abandoned car with a flat tyre.  That's the trouble with southerners, a few centimeters of snow and you'd think we had a visitation from god.  BTW the roads were snow free.
The roads from PP towers were like skating rink and private and un gritted, the hill to civilisation was compacted snow and ice. Bless the Veckys Traction control for the chattery uphill climb.
She! Evil has just found all the work keys for the pub in her coat so the cleaner wont be able to get in... looks like ice road Pig Pen will be out at 6 am testing the Vekky's stickability again.She is apologising....  19 to the dozen. Grin

my route to the hopital goes right passed PP Towers sadly no compacted snow and ice, however on going passed The Rising Sun my passenger saw a fiqure not unlike you paying a visit, surely not Grin
You didnt venture into the depths of Ossemsley.... or you would still be here now.... and yes... that was me in the pub before 9 this morning! hehe

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 12:47:54 pm »

Another day off for me as well.  Todays entertainment was watching one of my neighbours get his oversized 4x4 sideways as he went around the corner that leads out of my road.  Twat!

Will head out later and aim myself in the general direction of the pub.   Grin

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 02:54:19 pm »

Snowing again on the Wirral, first time in 18 years of living here that I've seen it like this before. Great fun in the office car park with the traction control off Grin
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2009, 03:10:07 pm »

The sun is out again up here. Its not even that cold. There had been a small dusting of snow last night but thats our lot. Not enough to justify trying to do doughnuts in the rear wheel drive mercedes sprinter Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2009, 04:05:57 pm »

The sun is out again up here. Its not even that cold. There had been a small dusting of snow last night but thats our lot. Not enough to justify trying to do doughnuts in the rear wheel drive mercedes sprinter Grin
...same here Mike down souf, blue skies, snows gone etc, though, no doubt plenty of souls and pig pens can't make it out of their drives because of the dangerous driving conditions Grin Grin

What are you trying to say? Grin Grin I just wish we had snow so i would have a proper reason to be sat doing nothing. Blo*dy credit crunch! They wont even send me home,instead iv to sit listening to steve wright till half 4.

They have lumps of what round the back???
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2009, 07:58:18 pm »

... Vecky V6. ...

see how much it is to buy back as if LPP isnt interested i might be if the price is right Wink only really want the engine and bits  Cool

Snowing again on the Wirral, first time in 18 years of living here that I've seen it like this before. Great fun in the office car park with the traction control off Grin
You mean it didnt break down as usual?  Tongue it has been fun as i battled against a blizzard to get to the hills of wales with a sledge Smiley pitty i was going to see a new car but thats now on hold  Cheesy

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2009, 09:47:27 pm »

Its Nearly all gone!
i was just reading this thread when Peter Ferrari Spider Catchpole called me with interesting news.
The sub division of our local Indian does Jhinga Chicken... mmm
Totally irrelavent to this thread but odd that he should call just as I was reading his post about my access to public roads being a porkie pie Cool
The man that keeps horses in our fields couldn't even get his 4wd Ford 8110 (?)tractor up the hill. It just sat spinning all 4 wheels and slowly going backwards, so getting the black slug out would have been impossible.
It is now rather moist outside and I think things will be back to normal in the morning.... unless it freezes again tonite.... which means we will be marooned in the wilds of Ossemsley for yet another day.
God bless the wood burner angel

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2009, 10:07:20 pm »

Its Nearly all gone!
i was just reading this thread when Peter Ferrari Spider Catchpole called me with interesting news.
The sub division of our local Indian does Jhinga Chicken... mmm
Totally irrelavent to this thread but odd that he should call just as I was reading his post about my access to public roads being a porkie pie Cool
The man that keeps horses in our fields couldn't even get his 4wd Ford 8110 (?)tractor up the hill. It just sat spinning all 4 wheels and slowly going backwards, so getting the black slug out would have been impossible.
It is now rather moist outside and I think things will be back to normal in the morning.... unless it freezes again tonite.... which means we will be marooned in the wilds of Ossemsley for yet another day.
God bless the wood burner angel

Major roads in North Hampshire are "reasonable"! The slope in and out of my close an up into the corner where I live is now compacted snow that has sand and grit sprinkled on it but might just be passable if thinsg stay as they are. But the weather reports say it's going down to -6 tonight so we could just be skating on ice again tomorrow morning!
tommoss77

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2009, 10:11:15 pm »

Hi guys, don't think I've posted before, I'm in Cornwall, only about 3 inches of snow where I am but still enough to not be able to do anything. Roads in the village I live weren't gritted until about 2 pm! Duh. I love the snow monkey Mr Invisible, LOL!
Looking forward to 24 2009. Hope you're all goin!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 01:53:13 am »

down our way +5 tonite with light showers, that would be south Hampshire.  Jinga Chicken a hit, so next visit will be jinga prawns as a starter followed by jinga chicken as a main.  all our major and not so major roads are all normal, don't all come down in a rush and bring all that snow back Grin Grin
[/quote
One hopes it freezes.... more morning bed time with Lady PP Grin]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: